Keefy
Years ago

Stacker Fined

The NBL has fined Ian Stacker $10,000 after his comments about the standard of refereeing after the Crocs v Tigers game the other night. Poor soul isn't getting any calls at home, why should he when their record is so poor this year, why get calls at all. Does anyone know if that is some kind of record for the highest fine dished out? If not, what is the highest?

Topic #5804 | Report this topic

Mutley  
Years ago

$10,000 is the maximum for this particular rules breach, I don't know about ALL possible fines.

I agree that what Stacker said did cross the line, but I've got to ask why have these press conferences if the coaches and players aren't allowed to speak their minds? The only thing that can really happen is what did.

Reply #65734 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

The same thing happens in AFL, referees/umpires are protected species, nobody can say what they think about them without getting punished. Wonder if the club sponsor who encouraged Stacker to speak his mind will come forward and pay the fine

Reply #65739 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

I'm not necessarily saying that the criticsm of the officials is warranted. What I am saying is that it is not the answer that should be made against league rules, but the question. If the question cannot be answered then it should not be asked.

Reply #65743 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

specially when you have reporters knowing which buttons to push to get the coach or players fired up

Reply #65882 | Report this post

new tram  
Years ago

stackers demeanor has been very poor for sometime now.

i recall seeing him here in adleaide recently where after the crocs won - he ran straight onto the court at a ref and punched the air with his fist - as in a victory over the refs as well - very poor.

rememeber we have one very desperate coach on our hands here - it still doesn't make it right

Reply #65892 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Now he'll just go back to skipping the press conferences.

Reply #65895 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Nah it was GREAT his sponsor said hell take the bill for whatever fine they recieve. So Stak let rip!
Great to see and I wish Pura Milk would do the same sometimes

Reply #66084 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:46 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754