Hangin Round
Years ago

Bring them back - Ali and Spear

The dramas involving BASA have put the important topics such as 'Are Sturt U/16 boys the best' and 'Western Magic should not be playing' into insignificance.
I believe Peter Ali & David Spear resigned from the 36ers board late 2005. Perhaps they saw the avalanche coming, or got sick of 'heads being buried in the sand' and had enough.
With their business acumen and passion and experience in the game, should not they be part of a new consultative group?

Topic #5810 | Report this topic

Easy Tiger  
Years ago

Well said Missus Ali - nee Spear!

Reply #65968 | Report this post

Joe Morgenstern  
Years ago

Hangin around has a point but unless the state government has made a point that any former board member should not hold any excising or new positions on the board.

Reply #65983 | Report this post

joshMJ23  
Years ago

how long before this new board will be up and running?

Reply #65986 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

March is what i am hearing

Reply #66006 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

Former AFL CEO - (and South Australian) Wayne Jackson has been appointed as part of the SA Government's Board.

I believe he'll do a good job - hopefully Foley will stay out of the decision-making process - last thing anybody wants is a politicician or two getting in and having their say.

Everyone i've spoken to says that it's great, but two years to late...?

Reply #66071 | Report this post

sixersfan  
Years ago

Are you kidding? Whilst both men were greats of the game, it does not mean that they were doing well for the sport off the court.

Ali didn't necessarily have the qualifications for his position, and whilst his passion for basketball is undeniable, he wasn't the right person for the job.

BASA needs to start hiring people with not only passion for the game, but the qualifications for the positions they are filling.

Reply #66105 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:13 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754