Tce44
Years ago

Rupert to be interviewed

The South Dragons today named the 5 Australians they will be interviewing for the head coach position.

Rupert Sapwell, Michelle Timms, Lori Chizik, Mike Kelly and Ricky Grace.

Topic #5813 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Michelle Timms would be the best man for the job

(Mod: Thanks. Beer on the laptop screen!)

Reply #66026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely worst case scenario for Rupert is a high position at the sixers aftre the latest developments

Reply #66032 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Sedale Threatt

Reply #66036 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I dont think Sedale has much of a chance, even though his name has been linked with NBL for a while.

The Dragons seem to have made a big deal over the fact they are interviewing 5 Australians for the role.

No dis respect to Rupert or Ricky, but I personally would love to see Timmsy get the nod, she has a great basketball brain, and is still highly respected in the basketball world.

Perhaps Rupert could serve a couple of seasons as her assistant before stepping up to the big game, about the same time as Smyth's contract would be expiring?

Just an out of the box thought - if Timms got appointed as Head Coach, and become the first NBL female coach, with Lori Chizik as her assistant (Chizik has NBL experience, being one of Goorjian's entourage)...making what surely would be the first all female coaching panel for a professional mens team??

It wouldnt surprise me, it's that sort of thinking that owner Mark Cowan is known for.

Reply #66038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would get international exposure for the league

Reply #66046 | Report this post

casey  
Years ago

jenny wouldnt let rupert leave

Reply #66052 | Report this post

casey  
Years ago

late breaking news, dave webber is also in the running for position.

Reply #66053 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

I would love to see Timmsy win the job as well. She has array of talent, skill and experience but most of all I think she would earn the respect of her players by just being herself.

Reply #66058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

None of these people are ready for the job.

Reply #66068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting no Mention of Cal Bruton

Reply #66069 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

There's Ingham also unemployed at moment.

Reply #66097 | Report this post

charlie  
Years ago

Ingham to be assistant to Timms. Great experience, no Fischer, better publicity for the team and great opportunity for Timms.

Reply #66140 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

has timmsy coached at all

Reply #66202 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Are you people serious about Michelle Timms ? LOL

You are all falling for the 'propaganda' that Cowan and his marketing buddies have come up with.

There is NO way that Timms will coach an NBL team in the foreseeable future- AND if she does get a JOB (which she wont) ill join 'what the' in shamelessly PIMPING THE WNBL AND WNBA for the next full season !!

Reply #66214 | Report this post

Calculus and AG  
Years ago

When are the interviews? When are they intending to announce the coaching line up?

Reply #67471 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:04 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754