Jacob Holmes  OPTION
Paul Rees
Nick Hambour
Todd Gower

Full list

Topic #5819 | Report this topic

Jasmine  
Years ago

Excuse my ignorance, but does the 'option' refer to a team or player option?

Reply #66092 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I guess it could be either or both? If Dusty is negotiating a contract in which a dollar-value is involved, that might mean that his is a team option?

Reply #66093 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Not a lot of bigs on the list that are available or that we would want. The only two that would fit in would be Andrew Rice and it kills me to say this but also Pero (god that makes me shudder)!

Reply #66098 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Mika Vukona needs to be a sixer next year....love that guys game..almost averages a rebound a minute.

Reply #66109 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

As part of his contract offer, he'll be in a sleeping bag next to your bed Brockman. Might come down to how strong your love for his game is! JK!

I think he's useful too, but we have enough rebounders with questionable jumpshots or free throw shooting!

If NZ have any sense, they'll retain him. And get Redhage back.

Only guys you'd want to see in Adelaide from that list would be Hinder, Stiff, Behrendorff. If Dusty didn't stay, I'd go for Ballinger or Abney if it were a foward we needed.

I can see the Kings dropping Knight. I know I would - get rid of him and give the younger guys more minutes.

Reply #66113 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

You know (name removed to protect the "innocent") and i would happily trade a certain starting forward for him.

Hasn't Vlahov resigned Redhage?

What about Cullen? Shows he can throw a punch and may flourish under Phil.

Plus he hates the Kings so would fit with the crowd straight away.

Ben Knight would be a contributor in the right system as he was at the gong.

Reply #66118 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

I wonder to what extent the events of the last few days will impact on Dusty's negotiation.

Reply #66120 | Report this post

Bballer  
Years ago

Dusty better stay with the sixers!!!!!!!

Reply #66126 | Report this post

charlie  
Years ago

Bballer..have a look at yourself and what you have posted lately. Other than Dusty, do you have any other interesting points? By continuing to give Dusty a foot massage, you are starting to look a little silly.

Reply #66128 | Report this post

Bballer  
Years ago

i'm sorry

Reply #66129 | Report this post

Bballer  
Years ago

Are the sixers going to get a big player that can play tough inside bball and dominate..?

Reply #66133 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I wouldn't have foreseen Gorj dropping Ben Knight at all. He seems to drop players straight away or holds on to them till they leave. He definitely has his favourites and once your in with him you tend to stay there. He does extremely well for his size considering he's playing centre for them.
Kent, I have to agree with Isaac on Vukona, although he's an awesome rebounder he doesn't bring much offensively and I didn't think he was that good defensively either.
After what happend to Cullen, I don't think Phil would go for that type of player, he prefers the quiet types...

Reply #66134 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

re Knight, here's my reasoning - he's got to be costing them a bit, and he'd have a reasonably high value under the points cap (maybe an 8 or 9?).

All of those bargain rookies Goorj has (Kendall, Worthington, Barlow, Crosswhite) are going to be leaving their capped rookie salaries and moving to mid-range second year pay ($40-50k) or pushing up above that ($80-90k - e.g., Kendall would be worth this now). Sydney are going to be pushing the cap or will have to lose a couple of these guys to other teams.

If Worthington and Barlow can cover Sheridan's defense, they can afford to drop him if they run out of cap space, but after that I'd demote Knight and look to the younger players as the future.

Reply #66144 | Report this post

gavin  
Years ago

dusty should stay with the sixers. but they should cut cooper he is a waste of cap room

Reply #66151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dusty is as good as gone, too many other clubs wanting him who will pay him what he is worth

Reply #66156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why would any stay with the cloud over the club. I would not be suprised if willie askes to be released so he can look for a more stable gig. Who knows when the plug could get pulled on this thing.

Reply #66165 | Report this post

gibozo  
Years ago

I've heard that Steve Markovic is looking for a game with the sixers. He's a keen fan of Smyth's and may have burnt some bridges with the Pigs.

Reply #66184 | Report this post

gavin  
Years ago

i thought Dusty said he wasnt gonna play for a team unless it were for adelaide.

Reply #66186 | Report this post

Bballer  
Years ago

I have also heard that aswell..he loves it here in Adelaide..if he were to leave 36ers i would think he would go home 2 MN but i couldnt see him playing for another NBL club...wat u all think??

Reply #66198 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

if it was me i would be tring to sign crosswell, cullen and melzer (if dusty doesn't resign) good young legs in spots we need.I would drop nash, hambour and rees to sign them (not sure of cash or points though)

Reply #66200 | Report this post

The Professor  
Years ago

As Kent said would love to see Vukona a Sixer, great on the Offenisive Boards but lacks a bit of size about him. Would be good to see another big man in there.

Reply #66208 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Whilst Adelaide woluld currently have some room as far as points cap goes, release players like Nash and Rees, and all of a sudden your going to fill that points cap.

Adelaide has a great benefit in it seems to retain players for longer than 5 years, which then gives a discount on points, and also uses a lot of local talent (Maher, Hill, Forman, Holmes, Hambour, Gower sorry to anyone I missed) ho started playing NBL with Adelaide, and therefore are rated at a maximum 5.

I think we can all see the writing on the wall that Rees' NBL career is over, or will be at the end of the season anyway, so the 6ers will definitely have to go looking for a good quality centre to back up Coops.

Reply #66220 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:55 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754