VC fan
Years ago

Cayla Francis playing WNBL

is this right? ive seen articles saying shes playing for the AIS? does this mean when they (if they) play the fellas she will be playing against the likes of Summerton?

Does this make her the youngest to ever play WNBL??
Is not, who is?? and what about the youngest to play NBL?? are there ages restrictions??

Topic #5850 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes she is playing for the AIS, I saw here a couple of weeks ago on the ABC game

Reply #66346 | Report this post

Bballer  
Years ago

I also saw her play against Bulleen, and she did very well. Missed a few close shots but got some good blocks and gave the AIS something big and able to move. Was impressed! bigger and better things to come for her in the future

Reply #66351 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Katie Rae EBZERY who is also at the Tute is a 1990 baby (younger the Cayla), is playing for the AIS. Not sure if there has ever been anyone younger.

Reply #66354 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wasn't LJ the youngest i'm sure I saw her playing WNBL at 16 I'm positive I saw her play a 'friendly' against brazil in a gems game at mt barker and she was only 16 thought that Tracey Braithwaite would be the star of the show and Lauren go far more minutes and baskets and deserved it.

Reply #66360 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Lauren Jackson? She played at 15 I think??? or 16???

Reply #66361 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

so how tall is cayla???

Reply #66371 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

6'3 I think

Reply #66395 | Report this post

humphry  
Years ago

Katie had her 16th birthday a few weeks ago so she was playing at 15 and looks like a very promising prospect.

Cayla will be good, needs a bit more grit in her but should come with maturity.

Reply #66396 | Report this post

Joe Morgenstern  
Years ago

Didn't Jo Hill play for North Adelaide in their 1991 premiership side as a 14 year old? Before she went to the AIS in 1992?

Reply #66407 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

She has top scored for the AIS in three of her last four games.

Reply #66420 | Report this post

OGB  
Years ago

RE Jo Hill
According to North Club records Jo was 17 when she played in the Rockets 1990 WNBL Championship team

Reply #66457 | Report this post

ifeelsore  
Years ago

Jo Hill was a natural - didn't she only start playing when she was around 15??

Reply #66473 | Report this post

Ali T  
Years ago

Rebecca Miles was 16 when she first played WNBL for townsville and she was told she was the youngest to ever play WNBL, but that was in 2002.

Reply #66492 | Report this post

Ali T  
Years ago

ops, correction, Michelle Timms was the youngest, bec was told she was the 2nd youngest.

Reply #66493 | Report this post

ifeelsore  
Years ago

How old was Michele Timms then?

Reply #66523 | Report this post

Ali T  
Years ago

Not sure... sorry. Bec reakons timms was only a few months older than her

Reply #66579 | Report this post

Alan King  
Years ago

Narelle Haines suited up in 1981 for Melbourne Telstars at 13yo.

Reply #439981 | Report this post

Years ago

Where be Kayla this season anyway?

Reply #439984 | Report this post

mball  
Years ago

Cayla is playing in France again, like last year. She also played with the QBL Cairns Dolphins in between training and playing with the Opals.

Reply #440088 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:26 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754