allyoop
Years ago

Best Shooter in the NBL

The NBL site has an article on Stephen Black saying he could be one of the best 3 point shooters in the League. Who is or was the best shooter in the NBL? Andrew Gaze, Ian Davies, Shane Heal, Brett Maher...

Topic #5851 | Report this topic

52-Cans  
Years ago

Paul Rees

Reply #66452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CJ Bruton is making a claim for at least being on the list. It's not often the top 3pt shooter at 50% is there after taking 186 attempts.

Reply #66469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CJ Bruton is making a claim for at least being on the list. It's not often the top 3pt shooter at 50% is there after taking 186 attempts.

Reply #66470 | Report this post

ifeelsore  
Years ago

I'll be biased and say Brett Maher, CJ is pretty good too though.

Reply #66472 | Report this post

allyoop  
Years ago

I don't think you need to be biased to say Brett Maher in this field. I think he would have to rate as one of the best shooters, percentages aside, one of those guys who you can rely upon to make a shot when one is needed. CJ also ranks in this field and is amazing at being able to produce when the team needs it. For this reason IMO Jerry West closely followed by Chris Mullen were the best in the NBA. This is what makes a better shooter from someone who just shoots the ball to someone who knows when to shoot and how to deliver. I mentioned Ian Davies (Newcastle/Sydney) who was one of those guys who knew when to deliver, he was awesome at draining a three on the break to demoralise the defence and could shoot from anywhere. I think he still holds the record for most threes made in a game, 13 in the mid '80s.

Reply #66489 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Darryl Pearce and Andrew Gaze in a dead heat.

And Andrew "The Microwave" Parkinson

Reply #66498 | Report this post

ifeelsore  
Years ago

I use to love watching Darryl Pearce shooting the 3. They were the good old days, when Scotty Ninnis was a rookie

Reply #66533 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

Iceman!!

ShaneD

Reply #66559 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Right now, Maher has to be. Bruton and Black following, maybe even Derek Rucker up there somewhere. All time, you have to say Gaze is the best, followed by Shane Heal(I hate saying Shane is good!!)

Reply #66598 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Pearce!

Reply #66602 | Report this post

panther lover  
Years ago

John Rillie- playing for West Sydney was a great shooter, especially the semi final against Wollongong to get in the grand final against Sydney, he scored 46 points in that game, one of the best shooting displays in playoff history in the NBL

Reply #66659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yesa id say Bruton, Black, Maher, Gaze, Heal.

Reply #66683 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:31 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754