Anonymous
Years ago

Woodville Lose A Son

I have it on pretty good authority that Scott'The Big Dog'Whitmore will be joining Centrals men ABA coaching staff this coming season.

Also Jarrod Graves will be returning to basketball to play with Centrals.

Thoughts?

Topic #5868 | Report this topic

allyoop  
Years ago

If this is true it would be very dissapointing coming after losing P.Vandenberg and others recently, I thought Scott would show more loyalty to Woodville. He would be better served getting a coaching role under KB who he could learn a great deal from.

Reply #66715 | Report this post

Lyn Wieland  
Years ago

People move on for various reasons - some for personal growth.

If it is true I'm sure many at Woodville would join in me in wishing Scott all the best in his new venture.

Reply #66724 | Report this post

Northerner  
Years ago

Alleyoop,

I've spoken to Scottie about it and Woodville would have been his first pick but they didn't ask him, plain and simple. Centrals asked, Woodville didn't.

Anonymous 66721, Scott loves the club, but like Lyn has said, he has moved on for his own reasons, no hard feelings at all.

Reply #66745 | Report this post

allyoop  
Years ago

Woodville are good at doing that, if it wasn't for the good work by the previous coach before she went to singapore they would never have got KB.

Reply #66748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you sure about that allyoop i believe you will find that alot of the reason kb is at woodville is due to the president john marshman

tracy york did a lot of work with the guys but i think you will find that she was a lot of the reason some players left.

luck to scottie centrals are starting to look a lot like a woodville old boys team hope they do well

Reply #66751 | Report this post

allyoop  
Years ago

Better ask KB who actually asked him if he would take on the role, at the time he was assisting at Norwood and i believe it was tracy's doing. As far as the players leaving because of her, not too sure on that one, thought she was ok.

Reply #66757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Allyoop

sunshine - tracy might have been a point of contact in the first instance to kb.

however tracy did not have the authority to ask or offer the position to anyone

think about she was a coach who was leaving - the decision would always belong to the management committee.

believe me when i say many players left or retired in the last few years because they did not like playing for tracy - did not like her military style

you don't lose players like reggie jarred long time warriors or darren ng if they were happy.

Reply #66761 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Northerner,
I'm sure Scottie loves the club, was just abit shocked to hear that he was leaving that's all. Good luck to him, great bloke & certainly knows what he's doing.

I reackon though if Woodville knew (& they may of I don't know) that Scott wanted back in then something would of been arranged. He has been asked many times before to rejoin the coaching ranks at woodville & always said 'no'

Reply #66762 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

thats a lil hard to take, would have fit in wicked in the coaching line up. picture that, kb and scotty crackin jokes all training.. would be great

Reply #66766 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats a lil hard to take, would have fit in wicked in the coaching line up. picture that, kb and scotty crackin jokes all training.. would be great

Reply #66767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #66769 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SO CENTRALS ARE LOOKING TO HAVE A FAIRLY GOOD LINEUP, WHO ELSE IS IN THEIR TEAM??

Reply #66773 | Report this post

ifeelsore  
Years ago

Very few people would stay at the one club their whole playing career. Like Lyn said, people move on for a multitude of reasons. It doesn't necessarily mean he is unhappy with the people there.

Reply #66783 | Report this post

Scotty Whitmore  
Years ago

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to discuss my coaching future, for the record I love Woodville and always will. KB is the perfect man for the job as we saw last year.

Secondly, it all came down to timing, as Northerner mentioned earlier, Centrals made an offer that suited my current circumstances plain and simple.

Thirdly, Go Lions 2006

Kind regards

Scott 'Big Dog' Whitmore

ps surely the topic is now closed, there are better things to talk about.

Reply #66877 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Better things to talk about? Here I am, sitting in the Qantas Club in Canberra, trying to catch up on all things basketball in SA ..... and I find out *@#$&^ Whitmore has turned his back on the green and gold.

Several words come to mind: traitor, apostate, betrayer, double-crosser, quisling, recreant, turncoat ..... kind of reminds me of this bloke:

PS. Only kidding Scotty. Lucky you broke the news to me last night in person.

Reply #67975 | Report this post

OLD-BULL  
Years ago

I agree Moses, lo-life turn coat.

Seriously, good luck with it Scotty. Without doubt, your presence, knowledge and persona will be a huge bonus to not only Centrals, but to basketball in this state.

Good luck to Gravy too. He is a phenomenal player who will give the Lions a huge kick. Speaking of champions, doesn't Locky live up that way?

Reply #70688 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:04 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754