Anonymous
Years ago

What was Foxtel's Jan 15 announcement?

nothing to do with b-ball, but what was the special announcement on january 15 at 8:28pm???

someone?

Topic #5877 | Report this topic

ifeelsore  
Years ago

Can't help you there. i have Foxtel but didn't hear about a special announcement. Where did you hear that there was one? On one of the channels, TV guide, Net???

Reply #66785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

do you have the foxtel magazine?

if you check the 15th, its got a two page ad only small, in the middle of the days listings.

They also had ads for it on some channels. It said it was on multiple channels in the ad on foxsports 1.

I think it was on most channels at 8:28pm but i was in sydney on holiday and was somewhere else.

Reply #66789 | Report this post

ifeelsore  
Years ago

I've had a look. Now you have me intrigued. Looks like it was on a few channels. Hopefully someone will know.

Reply #66805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wasn't it the pay $49.95 and get the commonwealth games live and exclusive on all seven (7) foxtel channels...(insert roll of eyes here) why should I have to pay extra.

Reply #66808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Foxtel sux....

Reply #66828 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the commonwealth games was announced before that date. A week or so before.

Although yes it is a gip, a rip off. We want the games but not for double the price of the basic package and for just 2 weeks with 7 channels...

i have the value pack, not that anyone cares...

it is a gip but i don't think that was the announcement.

Reply #66830 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

If your a mad sports fan and dont always wanna watch the mainstream sports, i dont think 50 bucks is that steep. Sure its not for the person thats gunna watch it for an hour a day, but its still not a steep price for 7 24 hour commonwealth games channels.

Reply #66902 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

its not the fact that it is $50 it is that we have to pay extra

i work - i have other commitments when i'm home i'd love to have the commonwealth games on all the time but i am loathed in fact i will not pay the extra i already fork out $90 a month

i won't give them a penny more and mine you the 49.95 is the early bird special wonder what you'll pay closer to the event

basketball is included for the first time i'd love to be able to see all the aust games but realistically if aust don't take gold in both comps there should be a royal commission

one sided basketball is not enjoyable and once again i'm not paying for the privilege of being able to watch 3 hours of clay shooting or 4 hours of shot pot all to watch aust women humilated some south pacific island team.

Reply #66911 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah, perfectly said.

now does anyone know what the announcement was???

Reply #66946 | Report this post

AMum  
Years ago

Probably that they are going to add more commercials for our money! Bastards.... I envisaged that when we joined up (several years ago mind you) that our days of mindless hamburger and cereal commercials were gone - HA!) Now I not only have to sit through them... I have a stupid naked frog chirping some mindless monotonous tone that I also dont want to buy.
FOXTEL - You have sold out and I dont know why I am bothering!

Reply #67248 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

funny too you can have 30 something channels and still find nothing to watch

Reply #67260 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:05 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754