tony blair
Years ago

Melb beat cairns in OT

Melbourne powered away from cairns after trailing for majority of game but forcing the game into overtime with a 83-83 full time score.

Melbourne 95 McDonald 19, Thomas 17, Stiff 16
Cairns 88 Mee 24, Cattalini 16, Boodnikoff 12

Tigers victors by 7 taipans have lost their last three games by 10 points or less, sydney, perth now melb

sixers will have their work cut out for them in cairns especially after the controversial finish to the last game played between them up there.

Topic #5925 | Report this topic

Jasmine  
Years ago

They will have their work cut out for them also because they would have played the Crocs the night before.

Reply #67362 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and no Dusty for the sixers

Reply #67363 | Report this post

Mr T  
Years ago

Damn... I originally had Tigers to win by 7 points then this afternoon thought it was too close so changed it to 11!

Oh well I came 2nd in last weeks tipping :) Now I wait for my tshirt.

Reply #67374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't Dusty playing this weekend for the sixers???

Reply #67377 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Look what happened in Perth without Brett. I think its a good sign for us that Melbourne had to fight hard for this win against Cairns. I would have expected it to be a pushover game. This means that Melbourne are not as invincible as they have been up til now and with Sydney having to fight harder for their wins lately and the Sixers having recently regained their good form, we can beat any team in the finals series. It all looks good to me.

Reply #67378 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Or maybe just a case of Melbourne having 11 days off, they looked a tad slow out there. I think they'll be training pretty hard this week and be hard to beat come next week and finals.

Reply #67416 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:45 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754