Libertine
Years ago

Junior Basketball and Footy Finals Clash

BASA scheduling the second round of finals for THIS Sunday, 5th September, which also just happens to be the same day as ALL of the Junior League footy GRAND FINALS!

Having 7/8 players in my team playing footy, I'm glad only 2 of them made the GF, so I might be able to actually field a team this weekend.

Topic #593 | Report this topic

yogee  
Years ago

Or is it Junior Football finals were scheduled same weekend as Basketball Junior Grand Finals???????

Reply #5579 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Doesn't basketball have bigger junior numbers?

If I'm right, BASA's well in their right to do what they did.

Reply #5581 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

I think it's more of an issue having Junior finals on Fathers day.

Some things are just unavoidable, however.

Cry me a river Libertine :P

Reply #5584 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Well considering basketball is played on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday for basically the whole season (bar catchups / mishaps / tourneys etc), I don't see why the season doesn't just run for an extra week? OR they look around and see that footy, which plays EVERY Sunday, has its GF in the first weekend of finals and thus play the preliminary and qualifying finals the second weekend? Simple? :P

Reply #5678 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

No, BASA are just here to piss you off Libertine. :-)

Reply #5683 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:35 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754