Isaac
Years ago

NBL News

Host of articles added to the NBL site today:

Wildcats have a positive impression from their early look at trial import Jaron Brown. Perth have moved to be less than 60 memberships from their overall tally for last season after reducing their prices to bring in the crowds and atmosphere. Depending on who you believe. Rashad Tucker is on his way (flight was delayed or something) but has a slight knee injury, and the Cats are considering three imports for their second available spot. If Tucker and Brown fill their import spots, Perth will be fielding a comparatively small team.

Clayton Shields, Hunter's new import, has been admitted to hospital after a knee problem and then heart palpitations during a light training session. Could be bad news for Deano in the SAHFBL...

Two NZ Breakers development players have been injured and knocked out of the season's training opportunities after a car accident left one with a broken leg and another with a broken ankle.

CJ Bruton's been quizzed by the NBL site upon his return from the Olympic Games. Unfortunately they're pretty vacant answers but check it out if you're interested.

Word is that the Blitz will indeed be in Cairns (I think the Sixers plans to be there after New Zealand kinda confirm it) with it mentioned in a Townsville Crocs newsletter. The more pre-season hit-outs the better!

Topic #595 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

(Mod: This post is not available.)

Reply #5615 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

(Mod: This post is not available.)

Reply #5644 | Report this post

Deano  
Years ago

Shut up - the lot of you!!! :-P

I dread even reading any email from Mr Humphrys, as I fear it will be him informing me that another one of my players has gone down!!!

Reply #5645 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Meanwhile what happened to Ontario Lett?

Reply #5680 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wooed by a Korean team I think.

Reply #5708 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

NBL Blitz will apparently be in Cairns on the 18th and 19th of September, with all clubs participating.

Another piece of news is that Tim Hudson is likely to fill the Razors' spot left vacant by Conacher who may be out for three months.

Crocs playing Cairns in a trial game tonight.

Reply #5710 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I am hoping the NBL will make avaulable box scores for the Blitz, so people can see how the SAHFBL teams are going to go during the season.

I've given up having a database to do my stats, and just using copious spreadsheets to do the work for me instead.

:)

Reply #5734 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Apparently Adam Quick has rolled his ankle and isn't playing tonight. Not good for whoever signed him in the SAHFBL.

Reply #5736 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The Cairns website has been redesigned and lists what I can only assume is their final ten plus two development players:

Deba George (Guard)
Tim Behrendorf (Centre)

A rumour re the Kings situation is that Jason Smith has decided to stay which leaves the Kings only enough money to get Thalo Green (ex-Tiger) as their second import.

Their final ten is Bruton, Martin, Smith, Mobley*, Knight, Wheeler, Kendall, Barlow, Sheridan, Green*. I think the 11 and 12 are probably Dann and Carter.

Reply #5814 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Tigers are waiting on confirmation from the NBL with their intended signing of ex-Giant Greg Blake.

Reply #5823 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

hav sixers got cat coz it says it on nbl.com.au inthe transaction tracker bit

Reply #5885 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

No...Cattalini is playing in Spain.

There are a few errors on the transaction tracker.

Reply #5889 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

cheers thanks for that

Reply #5902 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hawks likely second import John Mueller is to be replaced in Wollongong after a recurrent foot injury took him out of the line-up. Apparently he'd only just signed with the Hawks and must now be replaced with only a month remaining before the commencement of the NBL season.

Reply #6054 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:36 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754