Isaac
Years ago

NBA trades and player awareness

Though frequently mentioned in trade talks over the past several seasons, Szczerbiak sounded surprised by the deal when reached on his cell phone late Thursday night.

"You never know in this business," he said.
Just curious - are NBA players not always aware that they're going to be traded?

Or would they know to expect it, but not know the specifics of who else was involved, or where they might be sent?

Topic #5952 | Report this topic

DJ  
Years ago

I was under the impression that Peja had no idea until the week of the trade, there was an article somewhere (ESPN?) about how 'annoyed' he was about it and that he was never approached etc etc.

Guess its a bit of a catch 22, if you want to get a good player you have to trade a good player, but how do you go up to one of your stars and say hey where thinking of trading you for so and so, but if it dosnt work out your still our man?!

:-)

Reply #67657 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

I agree DJ... you cant get a star without losing a star!

I personally think that Boston got a pretty raw end of the deal with the T'Wolves....

Davis, Blount, Banks, Reed and TWO second round picks for.....Szczerbiak, Olowokandi, Jones and a CONDITIONAL first round pick....

I think the T'Wolves got the better end of that. They have now got Davis to step in and help KG with the scoring and Blount to be the other inside man.

Reply #67663 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

.."Or would they know to expect it, but not know the specifics of who else was involved, or where they might be sent?"

I think this is more the case.

Reply #67677 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:00 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754