Years ago

The Birdman kicked out of the NBA

"The NBA announced today that Chris Andersen of the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets has been dismissed and disqualified from the league for violating the terms of the Anti-Drug Program agreed to by the NBA and the National Basketball Players Association."

Any thoughts?

Topic #5960 | Report this topic

twenty four  
Years ago

Are these drugs performance enhancing or...well, you know...?
Heard something about it on ESPN, but I didn't quite catch it all.

Reply #67728 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

i think its well, you know. its not really a shock, look at the dunk comp thats all the evidence you need.

Reply #67733 | Report this post

Years ago

According to what I read, the league requires 4 positive tests for a performance-enhancing drug ban, but just one positive test for "drugs of abuse". Andersen has reportedly never had a positive steroids test, therefore it seems he's on the hard stuff. He's filed a greivance through the players union, but if the ruling is upheld, he can't apply for re-instatement for 2 years. He'll be 30 by then. Not sure if he can still play in the D-League for now though.

Reply #67735 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

Well if he ever makes it back into the league im sure the Blazers will give him a roster spot.

Reply #67741 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

The drugs on that list which recieve the 2 year holiday are amphetamine and its analogs, which include methamphetamine; cocaine; LSD; opiates, including heroin, codeine and morphine.

As someone else said, he's never been done for steriods, so it's not that he got caught with.

Due to the CBA we will never know what substance got the Birdman punted.

I'm guessing the two year ban would include the D League since it's connected to the NBA.

Reply #67746 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I think this kind of hard action is good from the League, but will it impact him that much? I'm sure European teams wont care and will be throwing plenty of money his way.

Reply #67751 | Report this post

Bob Knight  
Years ago

Take your drugs and piss off Birdman. It's wankers like him that bring the game into disrepute. (See baseball)

I saw him flapping his hands around like a fool after a dunk the other night on ESPN. Thank god I don't have to put up with watching that shit anymore.

YOU'RE A DISGRACE BIRDCRAP!!!!

Reply #67762 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

i find it weird that you get 4 chances with performance enhancing, you would think they would be red hot on that especially after all the baseball stuff.

Reply #67768 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

I agree Joshuapending...

Having read the article on Yahoo homepage, it seems that the NBA "Powers That Be" think some drugs are ok, but others aren't.

[the league requires 4 positive tests for a performance-enhancing drug ban, but just one positive test for "drugs of abuse".]

Reply #67786 | Report this post

Creating havoc  
Years ago

All he has to do is read in the official NBA handbook about what is legal to digest, and what isn't. He's a big boy, and he has no one to blame but himself.

Reply #68433 | Report this post

FMJ  
Years ago

so much money, so few permissable drugs..

Reply #68436 | Report this post

Years ago

No matter what the drug is it is not something that kids who idolise these stars should be taking as a good example whether they be performance enhancing or recreational. They should be setting an example for not only fans of the sport but college students who get drafted each year.

Reply #68507 | Report this post

Years ago

A couple of days ago Andersen officially announced his retirement from playing. He has mentioned that he'd like to remain in the game though, possibly as a television analyst or something in that capacity.

Reply #68509 | Report this post

Years ago

Is he going to have his own television station and what part of US GDP will subsidise it because he has little to no chance of getting recognised now.

Reply #68577 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:33 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754