Isaac
Years ago

Aussie big man in college - Aleks Maric

Saw Aleks Maric in action on ESPN today in the Nebraska vs Missouri game. Had 8 points and 7 boards.

He's 6'11", 265 lbs (120 kg!?) and from Sydney. Worth keeping an eye on as an NBL prospect?

Topic #5964 | Report this topic

pickles housemate  
Years ago

Best Pic i could find:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/teamphotos?photoId=995283&teamId=158

(he's the dude on the right)

Reply #67787 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'll also add that this was the first college game I've watched on TV and I was really impressed. Precise, team-oriented basketball. Good atmosphere. Honest players. No NBA-style sulking and showing off.

Reply #67792 | Report this post

Geronimo  
Years ago

No way for NBL. Going straight to Europe with that Yugo passport.

Reply #67798 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

He was on TV again today. He had a double-double, got 11 points and 11 rebounds I think. He played really well and was the key to them winning. By the way, his team (Nebraska) beat Oklahoma State virtually on the buzzer with a put back off an airball.

Reply #68058 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:36 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754