Anonymous
Years ago

Golmes played well...

According to channel 9, the sixers have a player called
golmes
maybe holmes!

not only that, no capital. Forman and Farley had one.

Anyway, Phil Smyth got in the action.

"Sixers getting it from all angles." John Casey-Fox Sports

Smyth has been getting in to it more lately...

Wonder why?

Topic #5966 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

He always has...It's just quietly so no one else can hear it...except for him, the bench and the refs!

Reply #67785 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

Golmes! new nick name perhaps?

Rare phil moment

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Reply #67809 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

In another interesting piece of coverage, the Sunday Mail reported that the Sixers got 'trounced' by Cairns Saturday night.

http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,17971124%255E23769,00.html

Article mentioned that the Sixers were without their 'key forward' Dusty Rychart. In fact the article stressed Dusty's absence twice.

So far so good.

The article (which was not written by Boti) forgot to mention the small fact that Maher did not suit up. I would think that it was probably a noteworthy piece of information for the informed reader of the Sunday Mail...

Gotta love the depth of reporting in Adelaide when on the rare days that Boti does not write the lead article, no one else from the Sunday Mail notices that our best player and captain did not take to the court.

Poor effort in a clueless article...

Reply #67811 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I agree. I had not seen any results/boxscores until I read the Sunday Mail. Saw the scoreline and noticed Maher did not feature in the scorers or assists leaders. Immediately thought he hadn't suited, but this was not mentioned in the article.

Basic stuff. It's clear the fill-ins have no idea.

I know you read this Boti. Get The Journo on board to be your fill in. Dale Fletcher, writes for the Messenger on ABL games. Very knowlegable. Still plays for West, and coaches Div 1 juniors.

Boti, your articles are great but when someone fills in, they miss the basic stuff. Adelaide's fans are far too knowledgable to pass off dodgy journalism to.

Reply #67825 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I actually read the article to find out why Maher did not suit. I did find it strange that it didn't rate a mention.

Honestly, if the journalist in question had bothered to watch the game on Fox (which is the least you would expect) they must have heard SOMEONE mention that Maher was not playing, and that that would be unusual.

Reply #67867 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forget Fletcher. Clarke is better.

Reply #67900 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:29 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754