Skyhook
Years ago

Best Value NBA Stars

With all this talk about Ron Artest being traded, it got me thinking that HE is one of the BEST VALUE STARS of the NBA.

At $6.5- 7 mil a year he is a steal for the level of play he is capable of.
I would rate Tony Parker in the same category.

Others - LeBron ,Wade, B.Wallace, Melo

Who do you rate as a steal for the output their teams get?

Topic #5974 | Report this topic

TR  
Years ago

Steal for me would be not including players on their rookie contract or extensions would be

- Brevin Knight
- Nuff Nuff Artest
- The entire Pistons roster
- Joel Pryzbilla
- Flip Murray

Players like Wade, Melo, Bosh and Lebron will be signed to the max extension once their rookie contracts are up.

Reply #67827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

THat shirley guy who was with phoenix last year now playing ABA (USA) with the blog. He plays for nothing and is worth it for the publicity. Very funny blogs!

Reply #67831 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

All the BULLSHIT Artest brings to the team I don't think he is a steal at all?

Id rather have a bloke with so-so talent rather a bloke who will destroy the locker room.

Reply #67832 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

"Players like Wade, Melo, Bosh and Lebron will be signed to the max extension once their rookie contracts are up. "

I AGREE - but how much could Wade hope for when Diesel is getting $20 mil / year for 3 more ?

Reply #67838 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Wade will get whatever Wade wants.

I'd sack half my roster, the ball boy, the drinks kid and the court wipers to keep Wade.

What's Mourning earning? He should get paid per blocked shot. He would be raking it in.

Skyhook, who you playing tonight?

Reply #67842 | Report this post

I say Samuel Dalembert is the best value in the whole league. With Iverson and Webber getting all the $$ and the attention, Dalembert quietly leads the league in blocks (3.4), his FG% is up there with the best in the league (55%) he grabs 10 boards a game, and his allround defense is the best in the team.

Reply #67844 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Playing Centrals. Got a few surprises in our line-up this season.

Reply #67860 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

Hard to find a standout player in this category, because if a player shows potential or talent as soon as their rookie contract ends at least one of the 30 gms will throw $$$ at them.

Reply #67863 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

ELG, the most sensible thing you have said in weeks. thedoctor agrees. Dalembert does nasty dunks too......

Reply #67929 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Yeah, Dally is definately a quite achiever, and rated as a steal.

Reply #67939 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:12 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754