Anonymous
Years ago

Eltham Results SA Teams

Can anyone tell me which SA teams went to Eltham on the weekend and how did they fair?

Topic #5982 | Report this topic

pissed  
Years ago

do not really care - team takes several players and my kid gets under 1 hour of basketball from a possible 6-7 hours of 8 games played in 3 days

what does the coach think? - no explanation given

been saving for months for trip
and sets my kids confidence back 2 years - thanks!

Reply #67877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would be pissed as well. Was it a younger grade and why was no explanation given?

Seems most teams struggled in the A grade.

Reply #67879 | Report this post

casey  
Years ago

what age group is ur kid

Reply #67883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

altho in some way i feel sorry for you guys and your kid if he/she is playing in a club run lyk mine (which i would say it is as normally only the top few clubs send teams across) you are told that div 1 - 2 players are not guaranteed court time, so if your kid is young and needs encouragement do so to help him/her perform and become one of the beter players and gets court time

Reply #67887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some of the the SA teams did very well in the A grade.

Reply #67908 | Report this post

Casein  
Years ago

Sturt made semis of U14 and U12, that was it as far as A grade went...

Reply #67910 | Report this post

Casein  
Years ago

Should have added they were boys...nix in the girls

Reply #67911 | Report this post

Pegs  
Years ago

Surely there are more updates that can be provided on the Eltham carnival than one parent bitching and some vague comments of teams doing well...

What about the world beating Sturt 12, 14 and 16 boys? Forestville 14 girls?

Reply #67937 | Report this post

SB  
Years ago

Sturt 12's beat Melbourne (who made the final) to win their group. Beat Knox in the QF in OT before losing to a dominant Werribee in the semis by 25, the closest anyone came to them.

My 14's won our group beating Dandy on the buzzer. Beat McKinnon in the QF by 20 and then lost to NSW in the semi by 10, they went on to win it. Our kids were running on empty from Sat night onwards, so very happy with performance.

16's had a tough draw (3 of the best 4 teams were in one pool) but were still disappointed to lose their 2 big games to Dandy and Sandy (who won it comfortably) and thrashed everyone else. Have a lot of work to do but that's why we go over to test ourselves against the best.

Overall a great 4 days at Dandenong.

Reply #67942 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the 36ers could approach the game with the same passion as the players at this tournament many more people would come to the game.

Great event and hopefully more SA teams will go next year .

Reply #67945 | Report this post

Pegs  
Years ago

From a coaches perspective, were there any differences between the SA style of play and the Vics etc. Are we still soft?

Reply #67953 | Report this post

NOSTRODAMUS  
Years ago

FORESTVILLE U/14 GIRLS WON ONE LOST FOUR - COMPETITIVE IN ALL GAMES WITH SIDE MADE UP OF FOUR DIV ONES AND FOUR DIV TWO PLAYERS. GIRLS VERY TIRED BY LAST GAME -EIGHT PLAYERS NOT ENOUGH.

Reply #67962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On another note the band of thirteen referees from S.A. who went over had a fantastic weekend. #3 Nathan Durant toped the tournament with the Under 20 Men's A Grand Final.

Others of note were:

• Daniel Hughes who led the crew on the Under 18 Girls A Final
  • Paul Welbourn who led the crew on the Under 16 Boys A Final
  • Vanessa Devlin who also refereed the Under 16 Boys A Final
  • Alex Jordan who refereed the Under 14 Girls A Final
  • Joel Ekers who led the Under 12 Boys A Final
  • Jarrad Cresp who had the Under 12 Girls A Final

Also Ben Spiers in particular had a great weekend while Matt Coombe, Jarred Stamoulis, Mark Frost, Carrie Handcock-Little and Marie Fisher all had good weekends and I'm sure learnt plenty.

Well done to all of you!

• Reply #67967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
    Years ago

www.elthamtournament.com.au
    all results posted there

Reply #67972 | Report this post

SB  
    Years ago

Pegs, not much difference in game style between our D1 Boys teams and the Vics except the better Vic teams were more successful in executing as the games got bigger. Then again there were many times we executed better when it really counted.

Reply #67980 | Report this post

BMG  
    Years ago

I think it is quite rude to brush off a parent's concern with "no kids court time is guaranteed". The family has had a negative experience with basketball and your Club and no one seems to care.

It is not cheap for families to go to interstate carnivals particularly when the parent(s) have to take a day or two off work. In this instance, most had no choice but to take the Friday off and probably the Wednesday too to travel.

If the kid was taken over for the opportunity, it appears that they weren't given many. It is a pretty expensive learning experience for a kid.

Pissed, I hope you have taken it up with your Club and you can reach a solution to help your childs development.

Reply #67990 | Report this post

Anonymous  
    Years ago

I agree with BMG. We decided for the same reason not to go with my chid's team.

Reply #68130 | Report this post

Anonymous  
    Years ago

I agree with BMG. We decided for the same reason not to go with my chid's team.

Reply #68131 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
    Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
    Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:08 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754