thedoctor
Years ago

Bogut named Rookie of the Month

nba.com and nbl.com have announced that Andrew Bogut was named joint ROTM with Chris Paul after averaging 10.2 points and 8.8 rebounds.

Bogut is getting more consistent. Those numbers are undeniably solid. He is also shooting 54% from the floor. A great sign for a rookie. His low turnovers, fouls and high FG% show he has basketball smarts beyond his years.

Look for Bogut to lift his game to a double/double by the end of the year.

Topic #6010 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

nice one,... he just playeed a pretty sub par game against houston with 4 points, 6 rebounds 1 assist and 1 block however he played little time and was in foul trouble early. Once he works out his consistancy, bulks up and is put in his rightful starting Center position he will average a double double fo sure

Reply #68237 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Anyone think theres a chance for ROTY or is Chris Paul doing too well?

Reply #68265 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Paul is doing too well. He would have to be close to top 5 PG's in the league. Unless he gets a season ending injury right now, Bogut will just have to take All-Rookie First Team, knowing he has played with a coach and team who won't give the ball.

Reply #68276 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

comparing games today Chris Paul had 25 on 8-11 from the feild and 9-11 from the stripe plus add in 4 rebs and 13 assits and a handy 3 steals. I really dont think it will be looking good for Bogut to win the ROY as everyone seems to love Chris Paul who on the season is averaging 16.5ppg 5.6rpg and 7.5apg which are pretty impressive numbers what i think is even more impressive is a 6 foot gaurd averaging 5.6 rebounds

Reply #68277 | Report this post

Years ago

chris paul deserves rookie of the year no question... i think bogut is gonna be a great player when he bulks up and is passed the ball, and plays staryting center (hopefully next season or one after) but yea,. all rookie first team is a n honor as well

Reply #68317 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Shit I didn't know Chris Paul was tearing it up that well.
Great stats for a Rookie PG. 5.6RPG is pretty impressive too.

Reply #68347 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:44 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754