Toddy
Years ago

Gower Power

The sixers have a new secret weapon for the finals. The advertisers Boti Nagy did a brilliant article on such a great player in todays paper.

Topic #6031 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

The sixers have a new secret weapon for the finals.

i bet the Kings and Tigers are scared...

Reply #68411 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Still the best Todd Gower quote ever, from Nino during a Halo session. "Todd is such an animal. He just doesn't know what type yet."

And there he is in the sports section of The Advertiser, hiding behind a tree with a cheap-looking rubber ball, ready to pounce.

Here's hoping that he's been practising his free throws with Dusty!

Reply #68412 | Report this post

Sgt Shultz  
Years ago

I'd say he's a Polar Bear , looks dopey , but he'll F*ck u up.

Reply #68417 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

If you want someone to miss free throws and dribble directly into double teams, Gower's your man. I joke, he is effective in giving someone 5 minutes rest without any one noticing too much.

Reply #68419 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

Couldn't believe it when I saw that article this morning. I actually laughed out loud. I'll take a bet from anyone who thinks he will actually get on the court during the finals series... while the game is still up in the air.
Smyth: 'We wouldn't be where we are now if he hadn't backed himself and just achieved through sheer hard work.'
What the hell is he talking about?

Reply #68427 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

almost makes you look at the days date...i almost thought that it was APRIL FOOLS

Reply #68445 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He does clap, cheer and high five quite well

Reply #68446 | Report this post

flatshot  
Years ago

The gower secret was previously revealed on this site Boti you need to dig deeper. This is an excerpt from a previous post- "the Gower Conspiracy...fantastic goes like this gower suffers a rare form of amnesia..a little different to Jason Bourne. It seems just when everyone could no longer remember who he was 2 schemers remembered a key ingredient that was fogotten so released Gower into the team and even his team are not sure whose side he is on but as he wears their uniform they pass to him occasionally and the rest of the time he is so hungry that he is out looking to steal the ball to become part of the team. Not only that but oposition teams haven't factored him in because there is nothing out there to scout. Who Is he? Has he changed his name by deed poll? where did he come from? There are reports that on the perth road trip he offered a choice of passports as ID. An illegal import with a rubber Todd Gower mask?? The mystery deepens. It certainly opened old wounds for Mike Helms a CIA operative masquerading as a basketball player. Gower ripped past him just leaving Helms with a head and relieving helms of the ball. Slow motion exam of the tape shows agent Gower also checked Helms for a CIA tattoo behind the ear. Is this a case of establishing the Gower Identity or are we looking at the Gower Supremacy?? Go Todd ...whoever you are."

Reply #68449 | Report this post

Doddobird  
Years ago

Lets give him a bit of credit, he was never the most natural basketballer and has now a few years of NBL behind him. Go Toddler.

Reply #68456 | Report this post

Freddy  
Years ago

Actually it gives all the kiddies hope out there.... they look at him and say. "Gawd, if he can play NBL, then godd dammit so can i"

Reply #68459 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

The 'Secret Weapon' claim is to make other teams forget Farley/Rychart/Maher, while they are gaurding Gower ... WHAM!

Reply #68494 | Report this post

no-game  
Years ago

showed his worth tonight.................................................................NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #68584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think hes better than all the others in the team and should be on the starting five. I am an american and have play bball for 9years. I have lived in adelaide for 2 and think hes got a lot of potential. Go toddy!

Reply #76025 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:50 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754