VC fan
Years ago

Starters for the 2006 NBA All-Star Game

Very high calibre starting line-ups have been selcted for the All-Star game in Houston-

EAST-
Center: Shaquille O'Neal (Mia)
Forward: LeBron James (Cle) Forward: Jermaine O'Neal (Ind)
Guard: Allen Iverson (Phi)
Guard: Dwyane Wade (Mia)

WEST-
Center: Yao Ming (Hou)
Forward: Tracy McGrady (Hou)
Forward: Tim Duncan (SA)
Guard: Kobe Bryant (LAL)
Guard: Steve Nash (Pho)

Topic #6033 | Report this topic

52-Cans  
Years ago

Jermaine O'neal more than likely won't play cos of his injury, I'd love to see the bemches! Hopefully Billups or Rip get a seat!

Reply #68426 | Report this post

Nice, yet predictable lineup. Nice to see Nash getting a starting spot in there.

p.s yao should be benched immediately after tip off and not return :-D

Reply #68434 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

agreed ELG hopefully Avery J does the right thing and benches yao infront of the houston fans and replaces him with non other then Erick Dampier u can take T Mac out and put Dirk in aswell

rare that KG didnt get a starting spot I wonder who will replace Jermaine

Reply #68438 | Report this post

Hopefully Josh Childress replaces Jermaine, big dunker josh childress.

maybe ben wallace. Hopefully ben wallace. He can play PF, can't he?

Reply #68439 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

They should get Chris Bosh in there

Reply #68443 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Josh Childress? You don't mean Josh Smith do you ELG?
Anyway, neither of them deserve to play in the all-star game.
I agree with you Hamma, Bosh should get in there, and I hope Baron Davis gets a spot also.

Reply #68451 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Bosh on the bench, but taking JO's spot as a starter, I'm tipping Rasheed Wallace.

Reply #68465 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Billups has to get a spot on the bench, one of the Wallace's will probably get the call up for Jermaine, RIP will probably get overlooked cant have too many pistons out there! :-)

Reply #68481 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

shawn marion deserves a gig on the west bench.

Reply #68483 | Report this post

Years ago

It will be a travesty cheeze if Marion doesn't get a spot, the guy has matched it with the big blokes given his height disadvantage. I can understand his frustration at the fan voting process, some of those players selected are fighting injuries. Some are injuries babies don't even cry about yet Marion has played through back pain. The guy is on a mission and deserves to be in the West team.

It's terrific though that Steve Nash got a starters' spot. Interesting to see how he works with Kobe Bryant.

Reply #68505 | Report this post

wasn't being serious with the Josh Childress comment...

Reply #68522 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Sure sure ELG....;)

Reply #68585 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

True that TR Sheed has played well enough to get a starting gig I would have no problems with him getting it.

Cheeze and 31 I dont think anyone on here would say Marion doesnt deserve a spot in the west

Reply #68695 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:06 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754