Anonymous
Years ago

Raptors-NY trade

heard this morning on SC and KIA pregame show that Rose is being traded to NY for Davis. Raptors are also giving a first round draft pick.

Davis will retire soon, and will get a good draft pick so i thnk the raptors shouldn't of done this trade!

Topic #6041 | Report this topic

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

The trade is about salary cap relief. The Knicks inherit Rose and a potential $16 million contract for next season, while the Raptors lose it. The league has become more about salary-matching than talent when trades are being done.

Reply #68524 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

who do they spend the cash on though?

Reply #68528 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Moses is 100% right, all financial this trade.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Raptors actually waive Davis (or Penny) if the trade goes ahead. Pay them out and let them walk. If Davis is the player I wouldn't be surprised to see him traded again, probably back to the Bulls. If he walks, Pax will attempt to sign him of waivers.

The Raps and Knicks are playing for the ping-pong balls, plus the Raps will need some serious coin to convince Bosh to hang around.

Reply #68529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the raptors have no superstars in there line up!

No average players either!
The only exception is there young and not that expensive Bosh.

Salary cap relief?

maybe if they signed some talent, they would be a team like the Hawks!

Reply #68627 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Your kidding ain't you, 'not that expensive Bosh', the boy is going MAX... and he'll be expensive. The Raps will have to go max to keep him.

Reply #68692 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Agreed TR bosh will be a great plyer in 3-4 years. I reckon him and Amare will be two dominant big men in the future

Reply #68890 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:58 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754