Isaac
Years ago

NBL Finals this week - your tips?

While I'm on a topic-starting spree, I might as well continue. Who are your tips for the winners of the week's NBL finals games?

Brisbane (6th) hosts Perth (7th)
Cairns (5th) hosts Hunter (8th)

Winner of Bullets/Wildcats heads to Wollongong. Winner of Taipans/Pirates comes to Adelaide this Saturday.

Topic #6074 | Report this topic

Tony blair  
Years ago

Brisbane by 15
Cairns by 22

Reply #68752 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Brisbane by 1 point
Cairns by 19 points

Reply #68755 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Perth have (for some unknown reason) had the wood on Brisbane this year 3-0 (including a win in Brisbane and Singapore).

Even so, I think Brisbane will go up a notch or two in the post-season, and have a point to prove against the Wildcat in particular.

Brisbane by 15.

Can't see Hunter causing Cairns too many problems - they have had 6 losses from last 7 starts with an average losing margin of 21.5 points.

Cairns by 20+.

Surprisingly, both lowly ranked winners could easily cause upsets and make it to the semis. Wollongong has been very inconsistent and Adelaide atrocious of late.

Both games are very difficult to predict, but I like Wollongong for the victory at home, and Adelaide for the win against Cairns if they can remember to play with any heart.

I predict that the result on Saturday will have very little to do with who Adelaide plays, but rather which version of Adelaide decides to show up.

The lackluster version of Adelaide (displayed mainly during away games but making appearances at a number of home games this year) will not win a finals match against any opponent.

Any team that wants to make an impression in the finals will have to play with more intensity, more effort and more determination than their opponent for 48 minutes. I can't remember the last time the Sixers managed that, they would not have done that too many times this year (Sydney and Melbourne home games are the last ones I can think of).

I hope that we will not be forced to watch another 'one-and-done' performance by the Sixers, but I am not at all confident.

Reply #68767 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

Brisbane over Perth by 10-15

Cairns over Hunter 15-25

Brisbane over Wollongong by less than 5

Cairns over Adelaide JUST!

Reply #68830 | Report this post

Music Man  
Years ago

My thoughts are that MC Bonz is a cheat no way he went 8/8 in the last round

Reply #68843 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Let's play "guess who owes Bonz and Isaac some Boags!" The only person in our mini-comp to tip the Sixers in Brisbane, and Sydney to beat Cairns...

Reply #68861 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:47 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754