Anonymous
Years ago

Norwood's ABA chances

well its early days but im a little worried. norwood r coming on strong. the addition of COOPER is a big 1 and they have a few veterans like Keith KRAUSE n alike, n the gr8 young guns 2 boot. I reckon this may turn into a force to be reckoned with. wats everyones thoughts

Topic #6088 | Report this topic

playa  
Years ago

No chance at all. They have absolutely no leadership and no point guards. They'll finish outside the finals again after winning the summer.

Reply #68887 | Report this post

Meh  
Years ago

Christian Bell
- if he is healthy plays the point idiot.

Robin Eley can run the point aswell .

Reply #68901 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

These guys are OK players but neither are point guards. Norwood will do well if Cooper plays most games this season. Any team at ABL level that recruits an nbl big man will do ok though. I would think coopers abl season will be make or break for his nbl career. norwood has some good young players coming though who will accept their role as cooper been the main man.

Reply #68906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who are all of these good juniors coming through??

Reply #68908 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wasn't Christian Bell once on the Sixers payroll as a point guard?

Reply #68909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When u r 13 or 14 man im not sure you have a defined positon. He isnt a point guard.

Reply #68913 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cooper will play well until someone like DOugie or Panther smash him.. then he will cry.

Reply #68917 | Report this post

tony blair  
Years ago

Mr Panther would never smash anyone - he could be accused, the same as Dougie of being a 'little' exuberant at times.

But they are never nasty rough

Reply #68920 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still unsure who the promising juniors are??

Reply #68924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cioffi, Webber, lampshire, barker, grantham, pappendiek

Reply #68929 | Report this post

Meh  
Years ago

Thanks Isaac , Bell is a very good player. He has had a shocking run with injuries. He was being primed to be a role player behind Brett Maher a few years ago,AT THE POINT he can certainly play.

I would add to the list above - Corey Ottey as promising. Versatile 6'4 swing man who can hit the 3 and rebound.

Reply #68932 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im not sure the promising juniors listed above have achieved anything at a junior level. Not many state players in that group. No Premiership players and No state champ winners?

So what makes them so promising??

I agree Belly is the best person to play the point.

Reply #68939 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

I would like to weigh in to this debate , and ask ONE of the many "Anonymous" posters (#68939)what does State Champs wins have to do with anything ?
These guys have to learn to play ABA, with older more experienced players. Juniors doesnt mean jack once you've played a season or two of ABA.

So i guess rather than post your glib little remarks about 'what is so promising' - keep your ears and eyes open and see how they fare this year.

Grantham and Cioffi are the ones to watch IMO- provided they can get a run.

Reply #68944 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Papendiek & Webber made state in U18s & Lampshire in U16s. So half of them did. And Barker was a reserve in U16s, I think?

Grantham is in the Academy, do must be decent at least. Webber has played a couple of ABL seasons with mixed results. Lampshire & Papendiek have played seniors for a while and would be looking at getting a regular spot in the ABL side. I'd say Cioffi & Barker are decent reserves players & fringe ABL at best.

I wouldn't exactly call them world beaters, but they're not the worst crop of juniors coming up.

Reply #68945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not many players with winning experience at any level in that group??

Good Luck to them though Im sure Sap will have them up and running.

Rumour has it that Geoff Whitford is no longer assistant coach at Norwood. Any truth to this and if so who is his replacement??

Reply #68947 | Report this post

Whizzy Whitford  
Years ago

No one likes me,so I left.

Reply #68952 | Report this post

Lommax  
Years ago

Geoffrey did a great job as assistant last year and it is disappointing for the club that he has chosen not to continue.

I have been told that Dave Webber has been named assistant coach for this season.

Reply #68999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This must be the season for Ottey to:
Deliver on the promise people say he has (4 to 6 years in seniors with best season 6ppg 32% ) or make way for a promising junior.

Reply #69003 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To add to what Skyhook said, by the annon posters(#68939)criteria Gary Birmingham should never got a look in at Woodville.

Reply #69005 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

there is truth to the rumour that whitford is gone. david webber is no 1 assistant, with carlo dunno how to spell his last name, (u/16 div 1 coach) the 2nd assistant

Reply #69007 | Report this post

annoymous  
Years ago

Who is best juniors, in the ABA season coming up.

Reply #69022 | Report this post

69038, 69039, 69041 y dont u express ur opinions directly to dave instead of doing it here? He is just a volunteer after all. At least dave has is stepping up to take on a coaching role instead of taking the role of an assesor of coaches. Dave has a great mind for the game at the local level.

Carlo has done great with his jnr teams in past few years and a number of his teams have overachieved. I am sure Carlo and Dave will make a great assistant coaching combination.

Barks is out there and making a go of it and he is going pretty well. Are you?

Whether u are right or wrong at least have the balls to go to the people involved and tell them what u think!

Reply #69052 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dave has got a good basketball mind. Who has Dave Webber shafted. Examples please. He wants his son to do well. Get over it. Richard Hill use to coach his son from the sideline and he was not the coach.

This is Matt Barker 4th year in seniors and he has had to undergo a change of position. From what I have seen he can hold his own in reserves aswell as social ball. He served his time and deserves a chance.

Reply #69057 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

jumpin baron brown have you expressed your opinion directly to dave? I think not!!

Reply #69075 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Good result for Norwood last night in reserves...Hey Keith, do you want to come and play for the Panthers???

Reply #69106 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no u r right carlo is a good coach, i retract my comments,it was all said in fun.

Reply #69237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

panther - what do you mean about norwoods result?

Who'd they beat/by how much?

Reply #69275 | Report this post

casey  
Years ago

thought this was supposed to be an open forum. seems that people can put them selves on here to blow their own trumpet but no one is allowed to have a different opinon, as long as we all say something nice everbody is happy. how bloody boring

Reply #69526 | Report this post

casey  
Years ago

andrew jantke, another coach shafted by webber

Reply #69531 | Report this post

casey, I wouldnt go that far! they actually hardly know each other.

we have no issues with anyone whatsoever. everyone is just wanting to get on and enjoy our game, learn and the enjoy people in it. i am sure the ppl u speak of are the same too.

no room for hating mate, no need, and its not worth the effort.

Reply #69548 | Report this post

casey  
Years ago

no hating baron,justs facts

Reply #70804 | Report this post

Fox 16  
Years ago

mr sapwell needs to learn how to coach, tonight was pathetic, norwood could've won but everytime somebody was on a roll the coach, sapwell took them off.. scotty lampshire doesn't get enough court time, he got under 10 minutes court time and he could have been a stand out tonight.. norwood needs a new coach!!

Reply #201268 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:34 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754