Bizzy
Years ago

Interesting Take on Bron Skipping Dunk Contest

LeBron James is copping out again, copping out on his responsibility as face (or co-face) of the league. The dunk contest wasn't beneath a young MJ, and it wasn't beneath a young Kobe, but LeBron won't risk it. Just like he won't risk a last-second shot. It's getting old.

Full Article

I tend too agree with what Tom Friend is saying in his article, I think Bron is copping out. He seems to be to scared to make a mistake and I think that this is going to cost him in the long run, until he can overcome this fear he is never going be comparable to MJ.

Your thoughts?

Topic #6092 | Report this topic

Skyhook  
Years ago

Lebron does seem a bit insipid at the moment. He could surprise everyone and win the skills challenge - but who will care ? Steve Nash ,thats about it.

Lebron has done some SCHWEEEET jams on the break that would get him into the final against Smith or Iguadola easily ! Im disappointed- and agree that Lebron is too smooth and too well mannered and managed.
He doesnt have that gritty get-it-done-at-all-cost mentality that MJ had/has. I think itll be a long
time before he wins a 'ship.
He needs to take some risks or risk the tall poppy syndrome.

Reply #68946 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Well said Skyhook, I think that Bron was made well before he came into the NBA.

He was getting comparisons to be the next MJ in high school. He also had all of these expectations put on him. Has he lived up to these expectations? I would say No.

Why?
Last season the Cavs won just 12 of their last 32 games and missed out on the playoffs. If he can't step up and take the big shot and can't lift the team up on his shoulders and carry them for a whole game if need be then I don't think he will ever win a 'ship let alone 6 in 8 ala MJ.

Reply #68948 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

mj did not win 6 in 8 he won six over almost 16 years.

When Le Bron has played for that amount of time then compare him.

Remember Jordan took six years to get a ring.

Reply #68951 | Report this post

still sweating  
Years ago

yeah but they never missed the playoffs in all his Chicago years.
LeBron is yet to go to the playoffs

Reply #68980 | Report this post

Years ago

Why are all these big names a la Kobe, VC and LeBron in such fear of losing in the Dunk Contest? Are their egos that big that they don't wanna damage them by losing? Geez they need to get over themselves already and actually show us why they've been considered the "next MJ" by at least trying to out-do some of his achievements.

Reply #69176 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

still sweating, that comment has no bearing, look at the team jordan was in, i bet if you replaced him with an average guard they would probably still have made the playoffs, look at who LeBron has supporting him, i think it is too quick to judge wether he should be holding the team up or not, agewise the guy is still considered a rookie, give him time to develop leadership qualities and maybe put some deacent players around him and he'll do fine.

Reply #69181 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:05 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754