Hurley
Years ago

Your boomers squad Commowealth and world champs

Ive made a list of players i would have for the commonwealth games and world championships. Here they are... seing as the only players available for the commonwealths are NBL heres a squad i feel is balanced and talented enough to take the gold.

PG:CJ Bruton
SG:Brad Newley
SF:Sam Mackinnon
PF:Pero
C:Greg Vanderjagt

-Bench-
PG:Brad Davidson
SG:Jason Smith
SF:Glen Saville
PF:Tony Ronaldson
C:Ben Pepper
Peter Crawford
Russle Hinder

it seems that gorjian overlooked pepper when picking his twenty... a bit follish that he would choose rodgers! whats rodgers done since 2000?

I like Brad davidson as back up point guard i was surprised to learn he's 32... i still think he can produce internationally maybe even for the olympics in 08' (depending on what Aaron Bruce is up to i guess)

My world championships squad

CJ Bruton
Brad Newley
Sam Mackinnon
David Anderson
Andrew Bogut

Brad Davidson
Jason Smith
Matt Neilson
Greg Vanderjagt
Chris Anstey
Glen Saville
Stephen Black

I know that this line up is void of some of our great college players, but in my mind its a little premature to be bringing thoes guys out until they play some pro game.what would your squads be? am i way off here?

Topic #6098 | Report this topic

The Journo  
Years ago

WORLD CHAMPS

Centres

Andrew Bogut
David Andersen

Forwards

Chris Anstey
Matthew Nielsen
Glen Saville
Sam MacKinnion

Guards

CJ Bruton
Steven Black
Brad Newley
Jason Smith

Reply #69014 | Report this post

BLACK&Tan  
Years ago

I don't think there is much chance of Stephen Black being selected for either the Com Games or World Champs. He has a pretty serious back problem and has missed several boomers camps as a result. I think he is keen to make sure he is right to play NBL and earn his living rather then risk it for BA. Add to that the rumoured anti-black sentiment that Goorj has and you can scrub him off the list.

ps: Russel Hinder... LOL!

Reply #69143 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:08 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754