Isaac
Years ago

NBL Pre-Season Results

We're getting into the NBL Pre-Season now with a few results that could indicate who has potential for 2004/05.

Last night, Cairns beat Townsville 116-93 with Burgess not suiting up. Courtesy of a poster on OzHoops, here's some info:

---
Rose & Rillie were kept very quiet.
Calvary was very solid performer.
Brown is a show pony with no jump shot.
Newley has got game!
Crosswell & Timmons did all the damage for the snakes.
All this with Burgess in his civvies!
Berehndorff played only a few minutes and looked very tentative.
Melvin Thomas struggled to find some touch.
---

After losing to Hunter last week, West Sydney returned the beating last night, winning 123-104. Dwight is still not in action, and Hunter were missing Shields (gone back to the States) and Mann (injured).

Tonight, the Razors take on the Bullets.

Topic #611 | Report this topic

unknown  
Years ago

hav the 36ers played a game yet

Reply #5883 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No, they have their team scrimmage in Port Lincoln tonight before the shark thing on Sunday and returning on Monday. Wednesday night is the Singlet Presentation, then they leave for NZ on Friday which is when their first games against other NBL clubs will occur.

Reply #5886 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

West Sydney vs Brisbane last night in Coffs Harbour. Pigs got the win 94-91. Trahair 29, McMillan 17, McGregor 15 and Mackinnon 14. No word of Bullets scorers yet.

Deano has none of these players in his SAHFBL team. ;)

Reply #5922 | Report this post

Deano  
Years ago

Are you surprised?!

Reply #5926 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

About what? You choosing dud players? Haha. (All this woofing is gonna kill my team!)

But anyway, let's recap: my Round 5 pick just had 29. Your Round 4 pick is on crutches and your Round 3 pick has gone home to find a hospital. But maybe Mick Hill lit it up, who knows...

Reply #5928 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Now now children, The Commish will have to fine you both 2 packets of Wizz Fizz!!

Reply #5929 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Could it get any funnier? Apparently Mick Hill (also from Deano's team) has an ankle injury. That's 3 players in about 10 days...

Reply #5956 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Brisbane held off Hunter to win 92-86.

No official stats apparently, but Black and Freeman scored decently for the Bullets. Cullen was reportedly Hunter's best.

Bullets played their bench of Darragh, Shaw, Nasalo, Pearce and Smith for much of the fourth quarter. Both Brannen and Hill were rested with ankle injuries.

Brisbane are trialling Miles Pearce and Matt Smith for their back up big man spot.

Reply #5958 | Report this post

Deano  
Years ago

*hangs head in shame*

Karma Isaac.... You just wait!

Reply #5960 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

For me and him to beat your arse? :D

Reply #5962 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

OK, let's play a new game. I'm taking bets on who'll be injured next out of: Saville, Crawford, Robbins, Brown, Olowoyo, Melmeth or Behrendorf.

Deano, we face off in Round 3... I can't wait. Oh, and in Round 4 too - that gives you a bit more time to accrue injuries. ;)

And yes, karma indeed -- I put all this time and money into running this site and it comes back in the form of SAHFBL domination... (Forum rule adjustment: General woofing banned, SAHFBL woofing permitted.)

Reply #5964 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Hmmm...The Commish might be interested to read alll of this, and might have to make some Hoops Points Value adjustments to The Cheat.

I am quite good friends with The Commish, might mention it when I speak to him next :)

Reply #5980 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Last night, 400 or so people watched the Wollongong Hawks beat the Sydney Kings 107-95.

For Wollongong, Campbell had 22 and 6 assists, Mee had 18, Rice had 16 and 13 (3/13 FG), and Pilon had 13 and 7.

For Sydney, Bruton had 17 and 7, Kendall had 16 and 6, Mobley had 15 and Knight had 12 and 10. Wheeler and Smith fouled out.

Hawks starters were: Rice, Saville, Mee, Rigby and Campbell.

Kings starters were: Kendall, Sheridan, Wheeler, Mobley and Knight.

There's a scanned boxscore here.

Reply #6328 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Townsville were beaten by Perth 102-98 last night in Katanning. For Townsville, Calvary had 25, Brown had 17 and Rillie and Newley had 11 each.

If anyone finds out the scorers for Perth, post away.

Reply #6329 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Top scorers for the Wildcats
AJ Majstrovich 22pts, 10 rb (33min0
Jaron Brown 21pts, 7 rb (34min)
Ricky Grace 15 pts, 7 rb (34 min)
Liam Rush 14 pt, 6 rb (24 min)

Reply #6353 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

whos aj majstrovich

Reply #6555 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:16 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754