Bizzy
Years ago

MJ on Kobe and The League

Interesting reading about MJ on Kobe's 81 points, and the age restrictions in regard to drafting.

MJ's Take

"If I was on the other side, there's no way I would have been in at the end of that game without six fouls," Jordan said Tuesday. "I don't know if I could have given up 81 points and not fouled out of the game."

Would have been an interesting match up.

Topic #6113 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Couldnt agree more... the fact Toronto didnt send a double @ Kobe until the final minutes is a disgrace to defense in the NBA.

Reply #69163 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mj is always defensive when it comes to talk about other great players...he always has reasons why they arent great
81 is 81 jordan never did it

Reply #69193 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

does that mean MJ isnt "Great" because he didnt get accused of rape like Kobe did........

Reply #69215 | Report this post

Why does everyone bring up the rape charges? It doesn't make Kobe any less of a player. I mean when Shane Warne got the leading test wickets noone brought up his background did they? 'oh but Shane Warne cant be as good as ____ because he was caught smoking!'

Reply #69220 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Good point ELG.....everyone harps on about Kobe and the so call raped, of which he was cleared

Give the guy a break and respect him for a bball player

As for you Anon......are you saying Kobe cant play defence????

Reply #69239 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Kobe was aquttied of the rape, forget about it, it has no bearing of the player Kobe is.... awesome. The kid can hoop it up, no question.

and that's coming for a member of the offical 'kobe sucks fan club.

Didn't MJ have a lawsuit in relation to affair??? Cost him a few million from memory...

Reply #69258 | Report this post

hot as  
Years ago

mj was bangin Tyra Banks --- Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmnnnnn

Reply #69266 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Don't know what you are talking about (#69193).

MJ was very level in his answers and not at all defensive.

He did NOT say that he could stop Kobe scoring 81, only that he would have made sure he fouled Kobe 6 times before that would ever happen (a fair point too).

He basically agrees Kobe is the best SG in the league. So I am not sure what you are on suggesting that MJ is trying to drag him down.

Reply #69280 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

This is not even worth debating...MJ would only of commented about Kobe cause he was asked about it. He probably did not even know about it until asked...

Reply #69318 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:10 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754