Bizzy
Years ago

Bill Simmons NBA Playoff Contender Column

Very good read. This guy says some hilarious stuff, and IMO he is pretty much spot on with the stuff he says.

27. Boston
After reading that Wally Szczerbiak was complaining about his knee this week, I had the following exchange with my buddy Bug:

Me: "If you could sum up this Celtics season with a word, phrase or story, what would it be?"

Bug (without missing a beat): "Poop on a stick."

Sizing Up The NBA's Big Picture

Topic #6125 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I say it every time. Bill Simmons is a genius. If you have even a passing interest in the NBA, read the column.

If one more media person claims that Baron Davis is a "tough omission" from the 2006 All-Star team, I'm going to throw up all over my Zarko Cabarkapa. Watch G-State some time -- they have some nice pieces (Murphy, Biedrins, Richardson, Fisher, Pietrus, Diogu), but there's Baron dribbling the ball for 20 seconds, hoisting bad 3s and single-handedly killing them in close games. It's like somebody shrunk Antoine Walker and gave him his own team.
Hehehe.

Reply #69291 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Couldn't agree more Isaac. Bill Simmons is an utter legend. His columns are just pure Gold!

Reply #69292 | Report this post

Susan Ross  
Years ago

Funny stuff. Love the anaylsis of Robert Swift and the Tim Thomas gag.

Reply #69294 | Report this post

As well as the total disrespect shows for the GM moves pulled by Isaih Thomas at NY.

First, I have a scoop for you: A well-placed source tells me that Isiah Thomas is prepared to trade Channing Frye and Penny Hardaway to Denver for Kenyon Martin and Earl Watson, but only if Martin agrees to an MRI on his surgically repaired knee. If Martin's knee is in good shape, the Knicks are calling off the deal. If the knee is in rough shape, the deal is on. If the knee is in such terrible shape that the doctor says something like, "Wow, there's a good chance K-Mart might walk with a limp for the rest of his life," the Knicks will throw in an unconditional No. 1 in 2009 as well as Nate Robinson and $3 million dollars. So stay tuned.

And this one for the Cheezeburger

Things I would do if I were Hornets GM Jeff Bower: Bring everyone into my office, call Atlanta GM Billy Knight on my speaker phone, pretend I was just checking in to say hello, then deadpan the requisite, "Hey, you aren't interested in trading Marvin Williams for Chris Paul, are you?" joke ... followed by one of those "Bwaaaaaah haaaaaa haaaaaaa!" laughs as everyone in the office cracks up.

Reply #69296 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Interesting article from 2 high schoolers to really make an impact in the NBA.

"That man is putting up the level of play, not just for players who are here, but for players to come after him," Garnett said.

Full Article

Reply #69334 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:16 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754