Isaac
Years ago

Sixers vs Taipans, 7:10 tonight

Remember that due to it being televised on Fox, tonight's game will be starting at 7:10PM. The Adelaide 36ERS host the Cairns Taipans in a do-or-die quarter final. Winner progresses to face Sydney in a three game series.

Former Sixers Darnell Mee and Martin Cattalini will be facing their old team and Meeeelvin Thomas will be desperate to ignore the distraction of the Navy Seals and crowd.

This is an elimination event so make sure you get to the game.

Topic #6159 | Report this topic

cavolo  
Years ago

GAME SOLD OUT???

I just went onto Venuetix's website and you can't buy tickets anymore.

That means it's sold out or they have shutdown there online ticketing for the day as tip-off is only a few hours away???

My call is that it's sold out - let's hope the crowd is pumping tonight and helps to get the boys over the line so we get another game next week! =)

Reply #69566 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So...

The sixers won't turn off the lights?

Reply #69567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It better be sold out!!!!!!!!

Reply #69571 | Report this post

Crooked  
Years ago

It's not sold out - They always turn off the online ticketing service 24 hours before any event. You can still walk into venuetix and go to the door for tickets.

Reply #69580 | Report this post

Eagle  
Years ago

Is Maher playing?

Reply #69589 | Report this post

Ezekiel  
Years ago

Will they play the game on the radio at all? if so, what station

Reply #69592 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

well i think it can be summed up simply,

WHAT A GAME, WHAT A LOSS :(

left feeling disapointed yet felt i got my moneys worth as it was one of the best games ive seen in a long time and the best id seen all year on fox,

Reply #69598 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

That was an amazing game... so many twists and turns.

Its going to be an incredible series... oops I forgot, its only a one game elimination final. ARGGHH. When will the NBL come to their senses??!

Reply #69601 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Venuuetix is doing a disservice to the Sixers if it shuts down their online ticketing. How many people have mistaken this for a sold out event and not even bothered to go to the door to get tickets? Why do you need to shut down an online service? Everything is done electronically. Pay by credit card, print off the ticket collection details and then go to the game and exchange it for your tickets. How difficult is that?

Reply #69603 | Report this post

div3groupie  
Years ago

sixers lost but thye played one of thier better games nice to finnish on a hi....
loved the atmosphere at the game tonite bigger crowd would have been a nice

Reply #69622 | Report this post

Crooked  
Years ago

I think what did the crowd number no favours was general public tickets only going on sale Wednesday, it had to be Monday at the latest.

Plus with the cricket final being on and soccer getting a massive leg up due to the exposure the media gives it, especially the advertiser, the basketball for many was the third choice this weekend.

Reply #69647 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:15 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754