Anonymous
Years ago

Hunter gone

I heard that hunter may leave. That's right... They haven't found any sponsors and they may be leaving.

So if Hunter goes, will t mean that say the bidders from the Goldcaost could get it because they bidded against the new dragons team for a license.

Maybe they can get hunter's.

Anyway, hunter could be gone within days.

******Only a maybe*******

Topic #6160 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

And then new licence will be where????

Reply #69573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i don't know!

Goldcoast?

Thta's what i'm asking!

Reply #69575 | Report this post

tony blair  
Years ago

my money is on singapore

Reply #69581 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Hunter have another extension till next friday.

Considering there has been nothing to say they are in talks with a big company or have a 'saving' plan in place etc etc I think Rick Burton is just delaying the inevatible, sure give them every oppurtunity to save the club, but if there is nothing on the cards what will change by continuing to extend the deadline?

As for who wil acquire the license it will go to the highest bidder or if unused for 3 years I believe the League takes it back for FREE.

Surely any new team looking to jump in will wait a year or two to see how the Dragons fair both supporter, perofrmance and financially.

Reply #69582 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

My money's on Singapore.

Reply #69588 | Report this post

tony blair  
Years ago

singapore singapore singapore

Reply #69591 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Great, we won't have a team in the nations capital, the home of basketball in Australia, none in Hobart, Darwin, only one here and in the nations largest state, but don't worry, we'll have a Singapore team...

Reply #69612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah, they'll hang them if they dont win! fk singapore!

Reply #69615 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i'm laughing. Not singapore...

Anyway, i wanted to say that in the game against cairns, i saw burton hanging around the taipans change rooms. Hmm, i wonder what he was doind there?

Reply #69660 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

i say yes to singapore... its exactly what the league needs is expansion. Singapore china malaysia..... seing as next season asian players will be imported as locals we might as well expand, use some singaporean dollars and singaporean advertising (in singapore atleast) to invest into the league... more money = better player salaries, better players may look here for a nice mixing of living environment and decent play eventually the aussies will yhave to lift there game and within a few years we should have 4 or 5 international teams and a healthy state of basketball in the NBL,. im sorry to see Hunter go, lets take it global.

Reply #69802 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Call me crazy but I would rather see us consolidate in Australia first before we take the L to singapore

Reply #69833 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:46 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754