sense of humour
Years ago

summer draw stinks

with the odd amount of games - our junior team drew all the top 4 teams twice and missed out on the bottom teams a second time - unbalanced and unfair - imposters getting through - playing the bottom teams twice with more premiership points

hardly fair

Topic #6218 | Report this topic

egalitarian  
Years ago

The summer season can also be regarded as the silly season as coaches should be using it to try out different players and get things right for the main season. Unfortunately I believe that the main hit comes from seeding for the state championships which could cause unfair results to prevail.

Reply #70120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not only that but you will now be faced with playing on 2 Sundays though the winter season meaning that clubs will not be able to train at their home stadium 6 weeks out of 8 between April and June. With Easter, 2 x weeks of State Champs, 2 x Sunday games and June long weekend.

Reply #70121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Summer season results mean something to some clubs and not much to others .... ite depends on a clubs/teams approach to the season.

However the seedings for the state finals is a bigger concern. Why not simply seed teams based on the ladder following when every team has played each other once.

Reply #70123 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is there are perfect draw?

all we hear is moans and groans and nobody but nobody realises the logistical nightmares of making a programme work and hopefully be fair.

home stadiums training - well all will be under same handicap.

summer season was shortened wasn't it when the clubs reversed the junior comm decision. if you shorten a programme unfortunately some are going to suffer.

why is it that we are so often able to vent our spleens at something we don't like yet when things happen that are good things we take it that this is as it should be and don't give out bouquets.

Less complaints all round would help!

Reply #70124 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

basa make allowance for uneven rounds as far as i have heard in previous years. this means that teams arent screwd over. does anyone know if this still happens?

Reply #70128 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

i think you might that seeds for State Champs are worked out after one round has been completed to make it even. They did that last year.

Reply #70130 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes there is a perfect draw.

It would occur using the promotion/relegation model.

All teams play an equal number of times.

No bye's.

Less blowouts.

Reply #70144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i'm yet to see a perfect draw in anything
some teams will complain that they have to play x or y early in the season before they are seasoned or that they have to play x then y in succession.

or they complain that they have to play sat instead of friday night

promo/rel will never sort those issues out as i said there is no perfect draw

just watch the sanfl or the afl or the nbl or the wnbl bitch when programs come out

we've already heard the complaints on the aba draw and the blitz draw

so there is no perfect draw because any draw will have something somebody doesn't like or agree with.

Reply #70155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed,

But pro/rel would cut down a large number of the problems associated with the current programming system.

Complaining about 'when' you play somebody in the season doesn't count as a legitmate complaint. SO long as it is equal for all, ewverybody would be more happy than they are now.

Reply #70159 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sence of Humor, who's laughing now!

he he he...

Nah, your right, it is bad or just plain bad luck.

Even better, which ever team your in will always get it bad. Murphy's law

Reply #70171 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Yep, coached "should" use the summer season to try out players to make sure they have the mix right, but some dont (or wont) look past their noses. keeping promises? I wonder sometimes.

Reply #70241 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:42 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754