Anonymous
Years ago

Whyalla Carnival : Rockets.

Well done to the North Adelaide girls for their effort in the Whyalla Carnival.

Rockets 12 girls defeated Pt Pirie, 54 to 42.

Rockets 14 girls were defeated by Whyalla One, by 3 points. 29 to 26. It was a thriller !!

Rockets 16 girls defeated a strong Whyalla team 58 to 14, in an awesome display of clean basketball.

Well done North, hope to see you back, along with some more Adelaide teams.

Topic #6224 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

P.S. A Whyalla person, not a North Adelaide follower.

Reply #70213 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Was a good carnival, but wish the games were timed or 10 minute quarters instead of 2 X 20 min halves. If some of the local teams had games on the Friday night, it would allow more flexability and time for the schedule.

Reply #70276 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it was obviously their bottom age teams or div 3 or 4 - any front line rocket teams would have destroyed anything in a whyalla carnival

good luck north if you can talk some more whyalla kids into coming down and playing

too far for my thoughts - but you may get the odd stand out that has come down over the years

Reply #70304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I guess that Marino girl who played for Sturt was OK.

Reply #70307 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(#70304) - back up your claims by telling us how much Whyalla basketball you've seen?

Reply #70309 | Report this post

GrEeN_DaY  
Years ago

she is in 18's and they lost the grand by 3 although i thought she had improved a lot since the last time i saw her play and what do u mean she was OK did u watch any of her games i thought she did well

Reply #70373 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

EAGLES RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #70376 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im pretty sure the Rockets girls were all div one. As they played Friday night and arrived late'ish Saturday.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

And Whyalla's best is pretty good. Quite a few state players throughout the age groups.

Reply #70378 | Report this post

Juicy:)  
Years ago

I thought marino played well also she is defiantly a different player than wat she used to be

Reply #70382 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

#70378 - No, not all the Rocket teams were Div 1.

The teams that went were Girls U/12 Div 1, U/14 Div 1 and U/16 Div 2.

U/16 Div 2 play Friday night as well. We left around 5:30 Sat morning and had our first game of four on Saturday at about 11:20 am. Was hectic, but a good carnival.

Reply #70418 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

kylie pickett norwood
ebony curwood north

a couple more really good players from there me thinks

Reply #70430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

angela marino- sturt
phillipa marino- sturt
tayla corbell- north
kate bundy- sturt

they are also a couple of players i kno from whyalla play or played in adelaide

Reply #70440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh Please!!! All it was, was a recruiting drive to poach the best players for there own gain!!!!

Reply #70470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if every1 thinks marino is that good why doesn't she play in adelaide anymore she is just another over rated player from the country

Reply #70532 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ok the 16 girls were div two. Well they gave our girls a bit of a lesson. The div one Rockets 16 girls must be very good.

Our 14 girls ( Whyalla )beat your 14's just. We have a very strong contingent of under 14 girls. So the 14's Rockets did well too.

As for the 12's, well some very strong girls too, one or two in particular. To look out for in the future.

Reply #70542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

70532. Which Marino girl are you refering to ?

Im sure that Angela is still with Sturt, and at the minute is playing for Canberra, alongside Lauren Jackson.

As for her younger sister. She is one of the best female players in Whyalla at the moment. Not sure wether she will be playing in Adelaide again soon. Its up to her, but she always stands out.

Reply #70545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Mod: Stop bagging a young player.)

Reply #70570 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one has ever rated her. But she would be within the top 10 - 15 kids in her age group, div one in Adelaide. She has big footsteps to follow. Dont forget that.

She is very, very good. But dont compare her to Angela. Angela is one out of the box.

Her younger sister isnt far behind. Dont be green, just mould your game around her, and youll be ok.

Methinks you are jealous of her.

Reply #70571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boring....

Reply #70574 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think she is a good little player and would people stop bagging her out she did well on the weekend

Reply #70666 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

yes the 16 girls were NOT a div 1 team and still played very well including the concrete coarts!!

The Rockets 16 div 1 team is a very strong side!

Reply #77135 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

That strong they lost to woodville last week?

Reply #77139 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well sweet heart you try living in the country and see how hard it is travelling down to Adelaide every weekend. this is coming from someone who knows all about it!!!!!

Reply #93170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

rockets are shit and whyalla will shit all over rockets you just wait untill basa

Reply #180776 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:56 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754