Anonymous
Years ago

Kings or Taipans????

Who do you think will win?

I personally couldn't bare to see Sydney play in a 5th consecutive GF....

Topic #6237 | Report this topic

bballer  
Years ago

i think cairns can pull it off, and i really hope they do!!

Reply #70407 | Report this post

bballer  
Years ago

57 - 51 sydney on top....
it seems cat and stewart are playing well, boodnikoff being kept quiet? Those lucky enough to be able to watch on fox wanna tell us how the game is going etc etc??

Reply #70409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

kings 90 taipans 63 at the top of the fourth

i reckon a long ten mins for the taipans.

sydney are taking open keyway dunks and easy peasy layups.

looks a bit like brisbane v adelaide a few weeks back but cairns until mid way thru the 3rd were well in it went from 57-51 to 90-63 sort of tells the story sydney put the foot to the floor and have scored 33 to cairns 12.

they are just waiting for the fat lady to sing. not a bad crowd for a wed night in sydney especially when its shown live on fox

Reply #70414 | Report this post

bballer  
Years ago

Grabeau and boodnikoff very quiet and they were the killers against us...Sydney can put the after burners on so easily!!! CJ only 9 points to date and they r still killing them, they have so much depth..guess thats why they finished #1

Reply #70417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

worthington has been a team on his own in this half

Reply #70420 | Report this post

bballer  
Years ago

did boodnikoff get injured? sat on 2 points, 1 rebound and 1 foul for a long long time...never seemed to be on the floor either? Something happen?

Reply #70421 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Apparently an ankle injury.

Reply #70422 | Report this post

ifeelsore  
Years ago

Rolled his ankle after 2 and half minutes of being on court. Fox did an in game interview with him, he knew he wouldn't return to the game tonight but is hoping to be back for Fridays (wasn't very convincing though).

Reply #70426 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

Kings will win the whole thing.... but im looking for some new giants next year, hopefully Dragons and whoever gets the license of hunter can fill the void. theres no denying the talent of the Kings though, who didnt seem troubled at any point in the game and played with ease.

Reply #70436 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I'm tipping Melbourne to beat Sydney. Melbourne to beat Perth in 2 games, Sydney to win in 3 and Sydney to win game one and Melbourne to win the next two...Let's see how close I get!!!

Reply #70478 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Probably not too close, since the GF series is best of 5. :).

Kings vs Tigers should be a great series if it eventuates. I'm tipping Melbourne in 5. Would love to see Goorj lose, and I don't see who the Kings have to stop Anstey.

Reply #70481 | Report this post

tony blair  
Years ago

the way sydney stepped up a notch last night and left cairns wallowing in their wake - i can't see cairns taking a game off of sydney unless alan black manages to have the game relocated to townsville and forget to tell the kings and they win on a forfeit (i know that wouldn't happen but that is the scenario)

Melb have the ability to beat sydney

my heart says melbourne
my head says sydney easily

Reply #70482 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

If Boodnikoff was playing I would put money on Cairns. Cairns beat Sydney in Sydney in the last round of the season in Cairns so they can do it. But Boods is a big loss and they need someone else to have a good game. Saying that Burgess was shit last night so it still could be possible.
Oh and Hoop Addict, I could be wrong and I could be right...if Sydney go up 2-0 or 2-1, Burton may well change the finals format right there and then to a 3 game series!!!

Reply #70539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne/Sydney will be a great series to watch. The best you could hope for without your team in it. That's a tonne of talent on court at once. The CJ/D-Mac show alone will be great. The Kings as well are quietly doing very well against dominant big men. They fell to Brisbane in early Jan, which was their first real test after losing Roberts, but adjusted and beat them convincingly a week later with Crosswhite, Knight and Sheridan doing a great job of containing Bradtke and Brennan. Again last night, they never let Burgess out to play at all. He barely factored in the game and didn't show any signs of that being injury related. If the Kings are having one of their hot shooting nights, and they have them far more often than not, the challenge is squarly on Melbournes shoulders. Ansteys 'dominance' doesn't beat 6 or 7 guys hitting 50%+ from behind the arc, which is what the Kings pull off at their best. They have to make sure the entire game is on their terms, not the Kings'.

Reply #70540 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

L should really just cutout all the Elim finals and just have an 11 game series for GF - the top two teams at end of reg season seeing as always ends up those two teams.
Bit of a yawn really.

Reply #70702 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:05 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754