Joe M
Years ago

Simon Dwight?

Over the last 3 or 4 week a lot of criticism has aired in relation to how the side trains and the training habits and behaviours being installed by the Adelaide 36ers coaches. The Adelaide 36ers are in desperate need of a big man who can become an offensive and defensive presence in the paint.

Simon Dwight was unable to train at an NBL level intensity due to his on going knee problems and if the accusations are found to be true regarding how soft the Sixers train and simply scrimmage, would Simon Dwight be a good fit into a Phil Smyth program where he could simply scrimmage and play the game, fit in with the side and become that defensive presence we have been looking for?

Not sure of the rules regarding a player that have taken voluntary retirement package and his status regarding a comeback, but since 2006/07 he will not have any contractual obligations to the West Sydney Razorbacks and he was also extramurally unhappy about retiring, would it be out of the question for the Sixer to try and recruit him if they could find some money to pay him?

He could be looking at making a comeback after having 12 months of rehabilitation on his troublesome knee.

Any thoughts.

Topic #6240 | Report this topic

Kwest  
Years ago

...he was also extramurally unhappy about retiring:

Does this mean he was so unhappy he vented his frustration by spraying graffiti over every spare wall?

Or does it just mean he was completely sick of watching Sri Lanka play this summer?

Reply #70472 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I have to admit that I went off to look up "extramurally":

extramural: Occurring or situated outside of the walls or boundaries, as of a community: the university's extramural courses.
So I don't know if your usage was intentional and odd, or just a typo, but it IS a word.

To your post, Dwight seems like a player who would probably do well under Smyth - relaxed trainings, knows what he does already, etc.

I guess the counterpoint is that he's a virtual retiree and we should probably be looking at upcoming talent.

Still, it'd be interesting to find out how he's doing - I always thought he was a quality player.

Reply #70474 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Well obviously it was a typo and I clearly meant extremely but I guess that's the crux of this board, put anyone and everyone down rather than answer with any constructive comments.

My bad, I guess you're only interested in bagging the coach and player and their shooting performances.

Reply #70504 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Earth to Joe - kwest's comment was obviously a joke about the typo, and I looked it up just in case you meant something other than "extremely" - where did anyone bag a coach or mention shooting performances?

Reply #70505 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Joe M, extreme paranoia is a diagnosed condition. You can get help.

That was one hell of a typo too.

Reply #70514 | Report this post

Ray  
Years ago

SMYTH DOES RUN CRUISEY TRAININGS, extramurally CRIUSEY RUNS. THATS HIM THO, HE'S HAS SUCCESS, KNOWS PLAYERS AND THATS HIS STYLE.
I STRONGLY THINK HE NEEDS TO COACH MORE IN GAMES THO, HE DOES NOT DO ANYTHING TO REALLY STEM A TEAMS RUN OR PUT INTOP PLAY AN ALTERNATE GAME PLAN WHEN HES GETTING WHOOPED.

Reply #70555 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I dont know where the rumours about soft trainigs stem from.

I have attended quite a few training sessions over the years in my media context, and I would not have called them soft at all.

Reply #70559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yogee

basing it against what a lightning training?

a boomers training?

a kings? a tigers?

or have you only attended the sixers trainings when Phil has been coaching.

you need a comparsion to know if it is soft or not.

Reply #70566 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Im still figuring out how to make Extremurally a typo for extremely ???

Did the cat run across your keyboard? then mysteriousruallyly type some coherent words and hit enter? those words by coincidence im sure, being your thoughts?

;)

Reply #70582 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:24 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754