Isaac
Years ago

A Basketball Valentine, NBA-Style

I'm running a couple of days behind the Valentine's pace with this one, but Hoop Addict has only just drawn it to my attention.

So, for all of you guys terrified of receiving your bank statement, watching the bruises fade after you forgot to do something special, or maybe still assembling a bike (you know who you are!), here's a Valentine fantasy from Delonte West of the Boston Celtics. With assistance from Orien Greene.

» Flowers, Popeye's and romance

Greene: "Take her to your yacht, dog."

Delonte: "Yeah, we're going to my yacht. We'll pull up at the docks and got a guy waiting for us, open our door up and we walk down a lit-up dock and onto the yacht, where we have dinner set up on the boat and we just cruise out on the water. Sit down and have some dinner, some shrimps and steaks, keep it nice and breezy. Pop some bottles, some Moet Rose. The red Moet, we ain't popping no Kristal, it tastes like urination. We ain't popping no Kris, that's $500 a bottle. It ain't that serious. It ain't going to get you drunk. Make sure you put that in there. We ain't doing a $500 bottle, we're doing a $99 wine and dine. While we're eating, have a singer. Who should I have?"

Greene: "R. Kelly."

Delonte: "I can't afford R. Kelly."
And my favourite part:
Delonte: "One more thing: When we're on the yacht eating, we're going to have some Popeyes chicken. That's for dinner. It's to let her know, put a mental image on her mind, first and foremost, if you ain't from the hood, you don't like Popeyes chicken. Everyone there loves Popeyes chicken and the biscuits -- phew. But that's just getting it on her mind, saying, you know, 'Yeah, I can wine and dine you, but I'm a little rough around the edges and I'm keeping it real with you. I can be romantic, but this is real, we're going to eat some chicken tonight. Chicken and biscuits.'"

Delonte, dressed in white, awaits the ladies.

Topic #6243 | Report this topic