Skyhook
Years ago

Leggings is the new NBA fashion

Does anyone else think the NBA is doing a really bad job with its uniform and dress code ?

I have to wonder how the hell they can enforce things like doo-rags and tracksuits off the court, and then allow players like Kobe and Vince and Wade to wear leggings?

What the hell is going on ?

These leggings they wear,IMO look crappy and are just another "fashion" statement that elite players are resorting to, to remain in the minority.

They look like bloody ice skaters without the skates.

What do people think of the new look ?????

Thats my rant for today. Thanks for listening. ;>

Topic #6252 | Report this topic

mm  
Years ago

It reminds me of when I played mixed social and the old ladies would be wearing leggings under their netball skirts.
They might have some medical reason , they wear them , much like AFL players wear the leggings when they train?????

Reply #70616 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

82 games in a season play play-offs is a long time to play with out getting some sort of soft tissue injuries, if it help a player to stay healthy and play at there peek performance I have no problem with it.

Steven Waugh was wearing them for the last 2 or 3 year of his playing day and it help his recovery and on field performance.

If they are going to help keep the key player increase performance and ultimately increase the reputation of the product then it is a good thing. How PO would you be if you went to a Lakers Vs Philly game and Kobe or AI didn't play because they had a niggling calf strain? I know I would be.

David Bailey from the Perth Wildcats and Mark Worthington from the Sydney Kings are wearing the upper body micro skins (forget the correct name) underneath there uniform and nearly every AFL player wears them for training now. If Brett's Hamstring and calf strains affect his game next season he may want to look at wearing them?

Just a thought.

Reply #70617 | Report this post

Rodman  
Years ago

Wear what they want I say

Reply #70621 | Report this post

NCTH  
Years ago

Also because its fricken freezing over there at the moment! Keeps their legs warm in timeouts and when their subbed out etc. They also help circulation, and will assist recorvery from a corky or sprain.

Reply #70632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They play in stadiums with central heating! Wont be cold at all on the bench. Or anywhere else in the arena's for that metter.

Agree that it might help with recovery.

Reply #70634 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

I think you will find that most of the players that wear them (LeBron, Bogut etc) are sponsored by Nike and it is an advertising push by Nike to sell more product.

If LeBron wears NIKE stockings then I have to wear NIKE stockings!

Reply #70636 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

I thought Bogut looked shocking in them.Black leg stockings,white uniform,and white shoes,he looked like a scrubber!

Reply #70655 | Report this post

I'm going to wear them in the winter. And i thought bogut looked cool. I think white shoes/black socks (in this case leggings) looks great

Reply #70664 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

I'm not sure if LeBron is still wearing them, but I remember a couple of weeks ago on ESPN they had a Cavs game. The commentators were talking about the tights and when asked before the game, LeBron said that he was only wearing because he was having some knee soreness, and would ditch them.
I think they are cool, I think that if the players want to wear them, them they should be able to.
Bogut did look stupid, but Joe Smith had white ones on, and they looked awesome.

Reply #70690 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

I think if they want to wear them they should, if u want to pick on players doing something for fasion purposes focuse you energy on baller bands. BTW i was thinking of getting some skins shorts for the winter season, not game enough to go for the full length, but the $80 price tag might make me think twice...

Reply #71239 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Saw this picture recently and it captures some of the craziness of the NBA. There's a white guy with black legs, a Bull and Raptor playing for New York, a black guy with half a stocking, and another black guy with full stockings.

Reply #71447 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Thanks Moses, you have made my point for me. How crappy does Jason Williams look !!

VC fan - ill concentrate on whatever part of the sport i feel like thanks, that includes what my "idols" are or arent wearing on the court.

Reply #71450 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

The guys at YaysportsNBA have been having a field day with the leggings. If you're not a Yaysports reader, you really should be. Here's some of their better tights pics:

Reply #71451 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

As for Jason Williams ..... how can you say he looks "crappy"? ;-)

Reply #71453 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

He looks like one of the girls in my sisters Ballet class !!

Nice pics . Like the one with Duncan and Parker .

Reply #71478 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

If you liked the Duncan/Parker picture, try these for a laugh (warning - there's offensive language below that shouldn't be viewed by children but damn, it's funny!):

Duncan v Swift last week

One day after THE trade

When THE trade went through

Really - if you don't read YaysportsNBA, you're not alive. It's a scream, even if it is written by a Cavs fan.

Reply #71556 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Or the cartoon of the Supersonics 2005/2006 season:

Reply #71605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hell yea

Reply #186869 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

LOL ^

Reply #383721 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:23 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754