what the
Years ago

fellas - so close yet so far

looking at saturdays results - shows just how close we did come.

who is playing ABL from fellas ?

Erin P - WNBA
Erin L - North
Monique B - injury - may suit at some stage for Sturt
Bridget B - Sturt
Laura S - WNBA - (or Sturt)
Sam W - west
Erin S - West
Rebecca D - Fville
Cheri S - Fville
Jen S - Europe

who have I left out

Fville - may need to unload a player or so - Narelle Lindsay coming back from Sydney, and Flannigan from Townsville?

Marino from Canberra playing for Sturt?

Topic #6277 | Report this topic

In the Know  
Years ago

Beatty to Southern.

Reply #70839 | Report this post

B squared  
Years ago

Cooper to southern also...GO CAPS!!!

Reply #70846 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Flannigan and Lindsey are coming back to Forestville and with Ranford there, surely all three are restricted players and can't all play. So who is going then.

Reply #70847 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Cherie Smith is lining up for West this season.

Reply #70848 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Speaking of Forestville ABA, anyone know what happened to Kay Flynn and her assistant coach from her last season? I think he coached Forestville juniors too, turned around the program, then disappeared, any clues?

Reply #70854 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Flannigan comes back to Forestville they will have to let another player go. They have already let Smith go.At this stage they have Dee and Lindsay as there restricted players.

Reply #70857 | Report this post

james coburn  
Years ago

i can guarantee you that rachael flanagan is staying up in townsville and playing aba up there. she has her uni studies to continue up there.

Reply #70859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kay Flynn isnt coaching at all. However, i believe she does (or did) continue to play div 3 women or something at Sturt and rip it up.

Reply #70861 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So what about that assistant coach? Word was he'd have taken over the Forestville ABA Women had Dean Kinsman not come across from North

Reply #70864 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simon Phillips was the assistant coach. He is now living in Singapore, working for JCU.

Reply #70870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks #70870. I only saw him coach a few times, but I liked the way he coached and heard great feedback from players and parents. Shame he's not in Adelaide, we're looking for a good coach.

Reply #70873 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, that's him. I only saw him coach a few times, but I loved the way he coached and I know a few of the players he coached at juniors are now playing ABA, State or at the AIS. Heard great reports from parents and players too. We're looking for a good coach, shame he's not around anymore.

Reply #70878 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cherie Smith is ONLY playing for West because Dee Ranford and Forrestville Screwed her over. They chose Dee over Cherie even though Cherie has been a junior there and was there BEFORE Dee..... Plus Im sure Chris Lucas was in her ear with buddy pal John Gilles.. Good Morals you eagles!! Oh and nice team mate you are DEE!

Reply #70963 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pffft - Cherie wasn't a Forestville junior, otherwise she NEVER would have made their ABL side!

Tough situation though - someone always has to miss out. Similar to the Tigers when they needed to choose between Carla Porter/Boyd, Tracy Braitwaite/Beatty & Narelle Lindsay. Except they were all actual juniors from the Club, which make it a bit tougher.

Reply #70965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cherie Smith a Forestville junior??

Even Boti wouldn't try to claim that one....

Reply #70967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Carla Boyd is from Tasmania, not from Adelaide and therefore was not a NCT junior. Michelle Brogan was the other notable NCT junior girl of that period.

Reply #70968 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My mistake - but no doubt it was harder for the Tigers to part with a club lifer like Narelle than for the Eagles to part with Cherie.

Reply #70971 | Report this post

Fresh  
Years ago

If Smith is at West then now they have three restrictive players.

Reply #71049 | Report this post

ShutUp!  
Years ago

OK Fresh, I'll bite. Who is the 3rd restricted player at West after Woosnam & Smith?

I've just sent Isaac a spreadsheet showing all restricted/unrestricted players as advised by the WNBL and I can't work it out.

Reply #71055 | Report this post

Fresh  
Years ago

I thought Cooper was Restricted, didnt realise she had played so few minutes and I also wasnt sure about Seward but I guess because of her injury she is now un ristrected.

Good for Westies

Reply #71059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cooper isn't lining up at West anyway!?

On the point of restricted players I'm wondering what the ruling is on players from overseas. S.A. has always had the rule of two restricted players but ONE 'Import'. Is this still the case or are clubs now allowed two players from overseas to fill the restricted spots?

Reply #71064 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

Nerrida Cooper = Southern!

Reply #71109 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:46 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754