Hoop Addict
Years ago

Vin Baker To Sign!

It's being reported on realgm.com that Vin Baker is likely to sign soon... with the Clippers. Why, I have no idea.

Also on realgm.com, Raymond Felton has been involved in a car accident & is in doubt for the Bobcats upcoming road trip.

Topic #6284 | Report this topic

Kriss  
Years ago

Vin a waste of bloody space and time.

Biggest waste of talent since Len Bias

Reply #70918 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Whoa - that may be going a tad far.

He *has* averaged 15ppg & 7.5rpg over a 12 year career (including 4 All Star appearances) and while it was certainly possible for him to have had a much more accomplished career, I don't think he's the biggest waste of talent since Bias.

Reply #70921 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

He pissed away a great talent that he had but bowed down to booze. He could have been great.

His averages would be 3ppg 3rpg from age 28 to now.

Maybe the Len Bias comment was harsh but he pisses me off to the extreme.

Reply #70932 | Report this post

Kobe81  
Years ago

Isnt he coming to Adelaide next season? Anyone remeber that amazing post?

Reply #70936 | Report this post

michaelredd  
Years ago

fuckin twat, saying bout bias, show som respect

Reply #70941 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

The Clippers signed Baker today, at the least he provides play off experience and hopefully leadership as well.

Reply #70952 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Lead them in alcohol tasting?

Reply #70956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Baker & Kemp are like 2 peas in a pod. Funny enough, they were traded for each other.

Reply #70969 | Report this post

BiteMeVin  
Years ago

Provide leadership? Are you fair dinkum? Most horrendous waste of space ever.

Reply #70988 | Report this post

Years ago

I'd say that there's been some larger scale "coulda been a champion" players in the league since Bias' era (1986 Draft):
Tim Thomas
Jonathan Bender
Samaki Walker
Bobby Hurley
to name a few

Baker reached his potential (unlike the above players), but he and Kemp could obviously have had a lot more prime years if not for their outside issues.

Reply #70992 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:34 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754