Bizzy
Years ago

Bill Simmons All-Star Review

Bill Simmons Welcome to the Black Super Bowl

MJ's wife shows up.

Uh-oh.

Everyone makes room for her. She sneaks in and sits down right next to him. And poor MJ looks like somebody who took a no-hitter into the ninth, then gave up a triple off the left-field wall. The trash-talking stops. He slumps in his seat like a little kid. The cigar goes out. No more hangin' with the boys. Time to be a husband again. Watching the whole thing unfold, I lean over to Sully just to say, "Look at that, he's just like us."

And he was. Just your average guy getting derailed by his wife. For once in my life, I didn't want to be like Mike.

Another Classic -

One other award here for "Best conversation": While Snoop was performing to a mostly black crowd of raucous fans in Houston, we were trying to figure out what the exact racial, social and musical opposite of that moment would have been ... finally narrowing it down to either a Bryan Adams concert in Edmonton, Canada, or a Bon Jovi concert in Hackensack, N.J.

Great read. Have a look if you enjoy his articles.

Topic #6285 | Report this topic

Skyhook  
Years ago

I love that guy. Gold - that Oakley story is hilarious too. MJ's enforcer.

Reply #70930 | Report this post

Years ago

hahaha sounds like Jordan is pretty whipped there

Reply #71099 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

RE: the second quote - we Aussies could add Barnesy playing at GMH Elizabeth?

Bill Simmons is a classic!

Reply #71117 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:01 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754