panther lover
Years ago

Melbourne DEFEAT SYDNEY in GAME 2

Final score was 104 99 i think. Anstey dominated once again with 30 and 8, Thomas had 24 pts and Mcdonald 19 and 9 assists. Barlow played well for Sydney along with Knight, Bruton and Smith. Overall toom uch fire power by Melbourne. At one stage Sydney were up 16 pts if i reacll in the 2nd. These stats may be a bit inaccurate form the top of my head but pretty close.

Melboune to bring home the bacon on Tuesday night in Sydney.

Looks like Sydney won't be the most succesful club in history. DAMN

im just kiddin

Topic #6349 | Report this topic

XY  
Years ago

Thank God for Melbourne.

I will go back to disliking them AFTER they sweep Sydney...

Reply #71470 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

If anstey re signs next year Ireckon they'll do it again!

No one in the L can stop this big fella

Reply #71473 | Report this post

bit pissy  
Years ago

I was getting frustrated watching Anstey THROW those two 3's up fairly casually in overtime (I know he can hit them) but they were early in the shot clock and could've got a better look, then he hit that same shot to win them the game - BIG TIME PLAY! I kissed my TV Screen........alcohol!

Reply #71480 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Melbourne were running the shot clock down every posession in the last quarter, i thought the were gonna violate themselves out of the game.

Reply #71485 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Sydney pannicked and their import Webber couldnt buy a bucket in the last quarter.

How athletic is Barlow,wow, when experience catches up to him he will be a great player.

I would blame CJ for unsettling them with some stupid plays throughout. They need him to be more patient and stop hacking on D mac.

Tigers have it in the bag.

Anyone else notice there was a bump or two exchanged when the teams were shaking hands after the game ?

Reply #71501 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

Anstey should be in the NBA... if only oine guy in the league could be a star in the NBA its him.

Reply #71509 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

I was hoping that David Andersen would get a run with Atlanta this year. He was putting up good numbers in Europe .
We'll see what happens with his broken ankle .

Anstey had his chance. I dont think he would want the pain that 82 games / year puts your body through. He's getting to old to want to deal with that im sure.

Reply #71513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I noticed some of the bumps. I think Smith is just about ready to floor Tucker. You can only imagine what his taunting must be like, and you can only imagine how much Smith would be hating it. Two big egos there.

On Barlow - that kid is going to be huge. 6'9" with ball handling like that, great athlete, strong as all hell, great shooter. He's still young and playing like it, ie completely fearless but prone to head explosions (witness the dying seconds of last nights game). Give him another season or two and he'll be an absolute gun in this league.

Reply #71524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At the start of Game two they showed some highlights from game one, at the end of the highlights the cameras went in to Tigers changerooms where Tucker yelled into the camera "we are the Kings baby" - GOLD!

Reply #71534 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

Anyone hear Goorjian at the 3 qtr time break, just before they went onto court?
Think he said "you guys worry about the ball, Ive got the ref's"!
His coaching during time outs annoys me!

Reply #71536 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

Yea Barlows got a fair bit of potential... when he was named into the 24 boomer squad i was a bit miffed... but he might be a boomer in future,

Reply #71574 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:44 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754