Panther
Years ago

Mt Gambier Pioneers

Moses or Journo or anyone else out there, how are the Pioneers looking a few days out of the start of their season? They have probably played a few pre season matches as they normally do, how are the new players coming along and how are the previous guys travelling? How's Coach Sedlock going with his dual responsibilities...

Topic #6357 | Report this topic

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

You're probably best served waiting for Journo to say something. I haven't seen a lot courtesy of the 300-children I'm caring for at home.

Bart looks a likely type at point guard. Can score big and is quick, with a good eye. Will do well.

Daniel Wilson looks good too. Has that cockiness they need and he'll do well alongside Bart, but he'll need to play some SG too.

The rest of the team is the old guard - Holmes, Sedlock, Jeffree, Mason, Ben Jones - and youngsters Berkefeld and Tom Kosch. Veteran PG Craig Stratford rounds out the ten but as Sedlock admitted, they really need another 3-4 man to round out the team.

If Wilson and Bart stand up in the backcourt with Stratford, and Jeffree and Mason continue to improve, they could make noise. Adding a strong 3-4 will make them stronger but they would do well to add that player soon.

If Sedlock was naturalised and they could add another "restricted" player, they'd be great. Tell Nashy there's playing time down here, just waiting for him!

Hope that's enough for ya. ;-)

Reply #71555 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Where did Bart come from?

Was he playing SEABL in Melb?

Reply #71580 | Report this post

rare23air  
Years ago

Bart played for Diamond Valley in the Big V. Same as where Dallas came from.

Reply #71592 | Report this post

Whistleblower  
Years ago

Jake's citizenship status has little to do with his restricted status even if he were granted citizenship tomorrow he would be restricted for quite a while 2 years comes to mind.
As for the 3-4 spot I hear a signing is very close apparently a former Tenison academy graduate is going to give up study for the winter and return to save the day.
What about Rees?

Reply #71636 | Report this post

itshappenedtome  
Years ago

whistleblower, not true at all, if he were granted citizenship tomorrow then he could play as an australian tomorrow

Reply #71652 | Report this post

Black Cat  
Years ago

I told Big J to look at some of the Hunter Pirate players who may want to play in the SEABL. I suggested Geordie Cullen, only for the fact that he wants to play in Adelaide (and also to stop Centrals getting him!!!)...

Reply #71683 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:48 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754