Anonymous
Years ago

Kings whinging again

When will they stop blaming the refs for their loss.
Lets all hope Melbourne get over the kings tonight so we don't have to hear them brag about 4 straight!
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,18293274-23769,00.html

Topic #6362 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

i actually watched that game and thought that the umpiring was uninspiring.

whoever let Mills loose on a NBL grand final should have their heads read

but some of the decisions left a lot to be desired when you have anstey on 4 fouls in the first half and bruton and smith fouled out you'd have to start thinking the game was over called.

the one call that IMO should have been called should have been Anstey's sixth when he mugged the guy over the back to win the rebound on a Thomas? missed foul shot to tie get the game into OT.

btw I don't believe the paper is correct in saying those refs were pulled or replaced.

It is my understanding the final series is rostered well in advance so the change was already on the cards.

if Mills is the future of refs in this wonderful country of ours i might emigrate.

Reply #71631 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah the finals roster was done in advance but there was definetely some changes made for the upcoming game.

Its about time some one started calling all the kings fouls, its just a pity they hadnt done it all year.

Reply #71655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree. I think the refs are calling the finals series the way they should have called all year. Don't let the theory that "foul as much as you like, refs won't call them all" win the Grand Final.

Reply #71658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Michael Aylen was rostered on to ref game three and has been dumped. He was responsible for, among other things, the shady 6th foul on Bruton.

Reply #71664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Update
Smith has been fined 10grand by the NBL for his comments

Reply #71694 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:45 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754