panther lover
Years ago

MELBOURNE SWEEP SYDNEY IN 3.

Melbourne have ended Sydney's dominance in the NBL by beating the Kings 88- 83. For the tigers Mcdonald, Tucker, Anstey, Hoare, Thomas, and Mottram all scored double figures. While Smith was the standout for Kings although he was very quiet in the 2nd half.

Congratulations Melbourne, your desrved this championship. They were the standout TEAM this year. D MAC IS A LEGEND.

Topic #6375 | Report this topic

warthog  
Years ago

Is that 5 rings for Stiffy now?

Reply #71752 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sure is 5 rings for Stiffy!! Only him and Larry Sengstock have won 5 championships!

Well done Melbourne! Its great to see Sydney get swept in 3 straight games & lose the Grand Final! ;)

Reply #71753 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

Dmac's use of the F word on the Fox telecast was the highlight of the game!!

Reply #71754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stiffy, 4 out of the last 5 championships!

Reply #71757 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Goorjian deserved it! Carfino deserved it and somewhere I hope Matt Nielsen is upset!!!!

Reply #71758 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Congratulations Melbourne.

Reply #71759 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

a breath of fresh air into the league - pity it's right at the end.

well done tigers

Reply #71774 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

What happened to cheap shot Smith when the game was on the line? He went missing!
Tell me why the two fouls he had towards the end of the ganme were not unsportsmanlike, he pulled two players to the ground and the ref's said nothing.

Reply #71781 | Report this post

rr69  
Years ago

What exactly did D-Mac say? Sounds f...ing hilarious (pardon the pun).

Reply #71796 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Losing Rolan Roberts i think hurt the Kings the most......they had no inside game

As much as i hate the Tigers, Gaze and Anstey.....well done to em

Reply #71811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nutwork

as Carfino said the refs would not call them unsportsmanlike and thus 'decide' the game

i actually thought the refs were good last night

smith did grab the players but he was called for the foul that occured first not the grab later.

would you prefer an unsportsmanlike and then the refs accused of giving the game to tigers on a platter.

tigers weren't too fussed they got the call, they got the foul shots.

the player who was missing for the majority of the playoffs was CJ

I thought for sydney crosswhite and for the tigers motteram really stepped it up an notch

CJ hit his first two points with a minute to go to half time, he was in effective although he did hit two 3s late in the game to bring them back to within 2 with a minute to go.

Smith kept them in the game especially early. but he couldn't do it on his own.

Again Nutwork, it was well umpired, you do not want to see the umpire have a starring role in the dying minutes of a close (or any game) and Carfino said as much at the time.

Umpiring is a lot about managing the game, not the rules the spectators think should be enforced, cause differing spectators have differing views.

Reply #71818 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

The game was well umpired other than those two grabs. I don't mind a hard foul (CJ did one in the closing stages), but if you start throwing people to the ground that is when trouble starts (injuries, fights etc.). If there is a really blatant unsportsmanlike then, yes, the ref should call it.

Reply #71828 | Report this post

Mr Black  
Years ago

Any team, that can shut up both Goorjian & Carfino are number 1 in my books !!!!

Reply #71916 | Report this post

Pat Williams  
Years ago

I liked your site.

Reply #204086 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:37 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754