Hoop Addict
Years ago

ABL results

Anyone have the womens results for tonight or any details on the men's games?

I know that in the boys, North got over Tigers by roughly 10 & Eastern topped West, but not sure how much by.

Topic #6429 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Southern women over North by 8.

Reply #72238 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

I will find it very hard to believe if Dave Bowley doesn't get suspended. For those not there, he shirtfronted Hambour to the ground when Hambour confronted him after a heavy Bowley foul. Dave then proceeded to smash Hambour's head into the ground. Twice. Calm down, before you get too excited... Hambour was fine.

Reply #72242 | Report this post

Rodman  
Years ago

^ ahhh yeah he will be Video Remember might be interesting to see that

Wow I thought the North Gals would win and the Guy Lose lucky I not in the Tipping Comp

Reply #72244 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bowley is just a git. He talks a lota shit.

Reply #72246 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers with Clarke, Snake and Jingles sitting on the bench were good til 3 quarter time. Or maybe that was just Boal's 32 points and 8/12 from 3 point range until then that was impressive.

Reply #72252 | Report this post

Upset  
Years ago

What Dave Bowley did was an absolute disgrace and it cost us a chance to get the win. the club shouldnt stand for it and even people from our team were apologising to the north players for his stupidity, the club wont be doing anything special with stupidity like that.

Reply #72253 | Report this post

cat no go  
Years ago

A very ugly incident which ruined a high quality game. Bowley needs "anger management" or just a big kick up the arse.Get rid of the guy he's bad news

Reply #72265 | Report this post

swish  
Years ago

Mavs women veeeery impressive last night, tight game and won well in the end
Mavs men won exceptionally well against hard playing west....great start to the season...........Brad Hill, awesome

Reply #72267 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

Dave Bowley incident wasn't cool.

I'd like to know though, when did the rules change allowing 2 North players and "Coach Smiley" to come onto the court, regardless of what occurred between Bowley, etc.

Reply #72297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"extras" are allowed onto the court if someone maybe be injured arnt they??

Reply #72303 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ No. Entering the court without a referee's permission is an instant ejection. And I believe if an ejection occurs now, that player must also be reported. Not positive about that second part, yet I'm positive about 'extras' NOT allowed on court.

Reply #72314 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

a coach can enter the court to help restore order

if anyone else, manager, assistant coach, ball boy, or players comes of the bench and enters the playing arena it should be an automatic ejection.

Saying that however, if a play is still in uniform and the refs are not aware that they have entered the arena and are trying to sort out the fracas they may not be aware said play has re entered playing arena. Scorers can inform the refs that x y or z has entered the arena but ONLY if asked by the refs. Some scorers are aware of this some aren't and they might also be caught up in the excitement and also not see someone entering the court.

everything is always easier in hindsight and always easier to see from the comfort of the sidelines when you aren't the referee trying to standing between players etc etc.

Reply #72346 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Eastern got up 91-68. Brad Hill had 19, 11 and 9 for the near-TD. Brad Davis had 19 and 7, and the third Brad, Bungey, had 16 and 10 off the bench. Trebilcock managed the 12 and 12 double double and Ben Madgen had 14. West had 16 from Craddock, and Slowinski, Molitor and Pearce were also in double figures.

Eastern women also upset their Western counterparts 67-64, winning the last quarter 18-8. 17 from Williams and 10 from Hilton got it done. Woosnam had 21 for West and Symons and Truslove both were in double-figures off the bench.

Reply #72374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When can the tigers expect Clarke, Ingles or Gerlach back? What is wrong with snake?

Reply #72399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clarke - 4 weeks
Snake - 2 weeks
Jingles - who knows....maybe 1 or 5 years

Reply #72402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bowley is still angry from when clausen dunked on him last year!!!

Reply #72580 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

go simmon bennett let him play

Reply #72591 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:41 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754