Eagle
Years ago

More results - Sturt vs Forestville

Can't believe no one has psoted Sturt V eagles results yet!!

Topic #6445 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

i'm pretty sure forestville won both games, more cob webs in these games than my garden shed!

Reply #72345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thought all players from both teams, men and women, were on valium or saturday night hangovers as it was so slow and awkard!

Reply #72354 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Had to leave at half-time (Eagles up 46-47) - what happened after that?

Reply #72370 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eagles won by 8...I think it was like 98 to 90 but don't quote me on that.

As to why the players were pretty slow - may have something to do with the 35 + degree heat - it was unbearable just watching let alone playing in that weather!

Reply #72381 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eagles won by 8...I think it was like 98 to 90 but don't quote me on that.

As to why the players were pretty slow - may have something to do with the 35 + degree heat - it was unbearable just watching let alone playing in that weather!

Reply #72382 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah no crap... it was an oven in there with no air flow....

Reply #72397 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

BTW, where'd Scott Palmer come from?

Reply #72404 | Report this post

flatshot  
Years ago

Even before half-time it was apparent that Eagles were rotating more players on the court and sturt were likely to be found wanting particularly in the big man area. Essentially Sturt were rotating Forman very occasionally and Gower and Palmer as bigs. It was also entirely unclear why Nathan Bourne? sat on the bench and was not used on such a day. Eventually Sturt wilted and Forman appeared to be run into the ground. Ng maintained his touch and shooting was hot. Eagles were able to sit Dix enough to keep him fresh and Sutton was the match winner...why this guy is not a development player with sixers???? Sturt really missed Funky. They were all pretty rusty. I was left wondering who was coaching sturt and who was doing the subs.. David Smyth at a guess and he looks to have the same problem as his brother ....a reluctance to use a fresh bench player over a stuffed starter!!

Reply #72405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Scott Palmer played for Mildura in the SEABL last season, before that he was playing for the Riverland Raiders when they played in the local league (CBA). He started off playing for Sturt and has ended up back there.

Reply #72428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

flatshot...firstly it is Nathan Vaughn not Nathan Bourne...so might pay to actually get the names right before you criticise about why he wasn't on the court.

second...Paul Bauer is player / coach with dave smyth and mal assistants. So potsy is primarily responsible for subs not smyth.

third...as for not rotating i think everyone got on except for nathan vaughn, todd smyth and mark pager. playing 9 out of 12 aint bad!

Reply #72431 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol at Anon #72431- talk about getting names right- its Mark Paget (not pager) and its Vaughan, not Vaughn. I love it when people try to be smart and end up digging their own holes!

Reply #72478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

....graves even.

Reply #72491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol I could claim mine were just typos!

Reply #72493 | Report this post

flatshot  
Years ago

Apologies to Nathan for the identity crisis..he just so looks like Mat Damon. You note i did ? the surname as I was not sure if i remembered his name. Given that he adds energy on any night on a hot night Nathan could have been useful. Even Marcus Ng didnt see time til 2nd half so i think the damage was done by lack of rotation b4 half time...no matter who was calling them.

Reply #72514 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:12 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754