peggy
Years ago

joel isnt goodenough

why did tigers take on joel goodenough?he is not as good as he thinks he is, hogs the ball and abuses the refs.watch out for his low swipes too guys, as he likes to grab low!

Topic #6447 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

You are a comic genius Peggy. How did you put that together. Not Goodenough. I have never laughed so hard. How original. Champagne comedy. Lets bag every player we donĀ“t like on this here.

Reply #72366 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Well, he's in good company I hear!

Reply #72367 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

Peggy...impliment used to hang wet items up.

Reply #72368 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

clothesline?

Reply #72383 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Gold j-bags .

Reply #72384 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If he is like you say, he will fit in well with Bowley and Matt Alexander.

Reply #72395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wet items? i don't understand skyhook and jbags?

Reply #72400 | Report this post

tiger player  
Years ago

let me assure you that joel goodenough ahs been and will prove to be a very good fit for the tigers. his work ethic and leadership on the training track has been excellent, and he has got along with the tiger boys off the court like a house on fire. the bowley and alexander plays have been disappointing this year, and something that both players regret.

Reply #72415 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Anonymous...72400
Heres the translation - however,i did not think it was that cryptic:

Clothes 'Peg' (Peggy)- hangs Towels,wet clothes etc ...

Play on words, just like "Goodenough" the surname used to say "-----" is not good enough. Get it ??

Reply #72418 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All i have to say in regards to this topic is.. Joel... do something with that hair of yours!!!

Reply #72421 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

Thanks for that Skyhook. it's great to see others with Hi IQs reading the quality material that I post on this great forum.

As for the "Bowley Incident" Yes he did make a hard foul, but Hamgurgler did rush him after the play, so DB had to protect himself.
It was probly a little bit of an over kill, but we all get a little frustrated every now and then.

He probably just needs a bag of ice to cool down.

Reply #72422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And a couple of games (hopefully more then a couple) on the sidelines by order of a tribunal.

Reply #72423 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I dont think you will find he will be reported for that. It was just a shove and he was penalised at the time by being disqualified.

Reply #72430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon #72430. You are clearly a mate of Bowley's or a Tiger supporter. Maybe one of those fools who booed and abused Hambour for being smacked to the floor and abusing the referees for doing the only thing they could possibly have done in that situation.

I hope Bowley was reported and I assume the discussion Weeks had with the bench chairperson was to do exactly that.

Reply #72435 | Report this post

Stingray  
Years ago

What is the reason he left eastern? i thought he bled grey?

Reply #72447 | Report this post

B-friend  
Years ago

Refs didn't think incident warranted any report.

Reply #72451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The nickname slambour was the only thing bowley understood and so he did. I guess if hambour shove him back that does warrant slamming his head into the ground.

Reply #72464 | Report this post

supporter  
Years ago

Well Peggy perhaps you should talk to 'tiger player'(72415) at least he makes a bit of sense and is speaking with a bit of authority. I think you will find from the stats that the assists would have been there and you dont have another player scoring 32 all on their own. After only one game i think we can say they will all fit together nicely a little further done the track. Why dont we give the players from all the teams a bit of a break after only one game. Some of you guys have absolutely no idea with some of the comments you make - i wonder if you have ever played the game. And yes he did bleed grey, but there is only so much blood a person can afford to lose.

Reply #72483 | Report this post

also a supporter  
Years ago

He sure did bleed grey but Mavs dont bleed grey anymore and so like so many others past and in the near future they have gone to where they are appreciated.
You people who are writing stupid posts should learn the game before voicing your opinions. This is pehaps the problem with bball at the moment not enough students of the game around anymore and wanna be's stuffing it up.

Reply #72497 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"He sure did bleed grey but Mavs dont bleed grey anymore and so like so many others past and in the near future they have gone to where they are appreciated."

Also a supporter - care to explain that statement?

Reply #72513 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Joel has plenty of game left, he carves up and beats most players up the floor, also, i dont think his hair effects the way he plays.

Reply #72825 | Report this post

Lowa  
Years ago

Peggy and the rest of you joel haters Joel must be a terrible player as he made the all star 5 in the blitz. You also talk to anyone who knows him and they would tell you how modest he is about what he does on the court. As for being a hog you must be smoking some shit as joel would much rather hit a teammate for an assist than shoot the ball himself. stop wasting everyones time with crap about players you dont like and find something interesting to talk about idiot.

Reply #72977 | Report this post

put up or shut up  
Years ago

It means eastern doesn't care about there players. Thats the way I read it and I dont know or care if they do or dont but that is eazy to read. Are you stupid or what?

Reply #73117 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lowa mate, well said, give me some of that hoochie that those guys are on sounds like some good shit. the reason joel left mavs is because they got a few knobheads in the committee who made some stupid decisions and the fact that mavs wont be around for much longer wouldnt of helped.
P.S. Joel is anything but a hog.
P.S.S get out to one of his games before you talk smack about him.
P.P.S.S MAVS Vs Tigers this weekend, could be some tension in the air

Reply #73631 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"joel left mavs because they got a few knobheads in the committee who made stupid decisions" Thats quite funny considering what's happening at Southern at the moment.

Reply #73716 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"the fact that mavs wont be around for much longer wouldnt of helped."

Where would the Mavs happen to be going?

Reply #73844 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DOWNHILL

Reply #74152 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

Joel's team was Goodenough on the weekend.

Reply #74319 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

14 points, 5 assists (2 wicked ones at the end to clench the game), 3 boards, got screwed over by the umpires!!!!
Sure is a hog and sure is crap!

Reply #74336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Peggy just got "clotheslined" with his game last night.
Another lame joke to go along with the rest of em!!!

Reply #74337 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

Maybe Peggy is a few short of a bucket?

Reply #74352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #74386 | Report this post

Tigerfan  
Years ago

Gee, sure glad that hog of a player came to Tigers. What a great team player - can we keep him???!!! He's goodenough for us!!

Reply #74447 | Report this post

peggy  
Years ago

ok just to clarify, peggy... clothesline??... what r u people on? peggy is my name. wow! how cryptic.

Reply #75299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The fact is peggy you tried to make a joke of someone's name so they reversed the situation. :)

Reply #75303 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how did joel or tigers go tonight (V's centrals)????? anyone know

Reply #75419 | Report this post

CC  
Years ago

i dont blame him for leaving because with brad hill and ben magden, brad bungey as the guards he would be lucky to get on the court. As theres no-one at southern except Brad wats his name (sixers guy). Woodville are the best.

Reply #75508 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Brad Bungey ain't no guard, kid.

Reply #75534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hohohohohooooo

just split my sides laffing mfao! Brad Bungey a guard.. be like seeing a pregnant giraffe trying to outmanouevre a gazelle. Is CC on something? good one mate! maybe the coach uses him there next week as their secret weapon!

Reply #75538 | Report this post

Tigerfan  
Years ago

Reply to #75419 - Both came out winners!!

Reply #75593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

whatever you guys are all crazy... joel has the wildest ball skills ever he is a freak at ball and isnt even close to bein a hog... get a life if u dont know him or havent seen him play dont say shit

Reply #75657 | Report this post

peggy  
Years ago

well u must have had ur attention pulled towards something else (perhaps matt alexander constant LOUD outbursts of abuse either at himself for doing something stupid or at the refs) becoz he does hog the ball. alot. with matt clarke back and his exceptional 3 point ability (which im yet to see joel bring to the floor) we need quick ball movement to open matt up. get a life urself if u want to critice someone for having a different opinion to urself... pinhead. :)

Reply #85669 | Report this post

peggy  
Years ago

*criticise. (excuse my poor spelling)

Reply #85671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Matt clarke 3pt% is under 20%!!

Reply #85717 | Report this post

Geez Peggy, it took you three months to respond to a thread which had been inactive since March??? Get over it sunshine... Matt Clarke an "excellent" 3-pt shooter, the side-splittingly hilarious and incredibly original play on words using "goodenough"... please, Peggy. No more.

Reply #85855 | Report this post

phantell  
Years ago

Just for the record for you guys having a crack at matt clarke's 3 pt shooting, it has been very average this year, but you have to remember he is coming back from 12 months injury, and was in top 10 3pt % 2004 and 2005.

Reply #85952 | Report this post

BC  
Years ago

Peggy get ieSpell check it helps!

Reply #85960 | Report this post

ok  
Years ago

Peggy, from your comments it is clear that you would struggle to be a players left little finger nail. Not only are Joel Goodenough and Matt Clarke 2 of the best point guards in the league they are also 2 of the best blokes. Get out on the court and practice your game rather than wasting your time writing stupid comments on the net. You and everyone else will get much more benefit from it!

Reply #86415 | Report this post

michael  
Years ago

As was stated in earlier posts Joel would have to be one of the most modest people around.
When a club that you and your family have put their heart and soul into treats you and your family the way Mavs treated Joel i dont blame him for looking for some where else to play

Reply #115141 | Report this post

hogjowls  
Years ago

What does Matt Alexander look like? Did he ever attend Ballarat University?

Reply #118916 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:05 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754