TC
Years ago

Schenscher Signed to Chicago!

Schenscher has been signed to the Bulls on a 10 day contract.
Great news for Luke!

Topic #6448 | Report this topic

TR  
Years ago

Here's the NBA.com article:

GREENVILLE, S.C., March 5  The Chicago Bulls signed Fort Worth Flyers center Luke Schenscher to a 10-day contract today, making him the ninth GATORADE Call-Up of the 2005-06 NBA Development League season and 59th overall since the league began play in November 2001.

Schenscher, 7-1, 265, is the first Fort Worth player to earn a GATORADE Call-Up since the Flyers began play in the D-League with the start of this season. He is the third D-Leaguer to earn a call-up Since March 1. Florida guard Andre Barrett signed with the Phoenix Suns on Wednesday and Arkansas center James Lang signed with the Atlanta Hawks on Thursday.

The second selection (11th overall) in the 2005 D-League Draft by the Flyers, Schenscher has played in 36 games (34 starts) and averaged 8.2 points and 6.1 rebounds per game. Signed as a free agent by the Denver Nuggets on August 18, 2006, he is third in the D-League in blocked shots (51, 1.4 pg), 10th in the D-League in rebounding (6.1 pg) and tied for fifth in offensive rebounds (2.2 pg). His .530 (122-230) field goal percentage is seventh in the league.

link: http://www.nba.com/dleague/news/gatorade_schenscher_060305.html

Reply #72376 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I was wondering if the Jailblazers might have a need for him since they seem to be struggling in the middle recently (evening resorting to starting Ha Seung-Jin for a few games).

Looks like his rejection of the Dragons could've been for the right reason. Congratulations to Luke!

Reply #72377 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Believe it or not, but he's playing at the moment against the Cavs - he just gave away a foul.

Hope he plays well in the court time he gets - can't believe a guy I used to train with at tigers is now playing for the team I love.

BTW - just picked up his second foul...

Reply #72410 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

He scored. He is outscoring Tyson Chandler at half time.

Reply #72417 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Schenscher has started his NBA (regular season) career with a 100% effort from the field (2-2).

Also managed to get 3 fouls and 1 rebound in 12 minutes.

Reply #72434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wonder how the people in Chicago received him given their fond memories (in terms of championships) of the last time a seven foot red headed Aussie lined up for them.

I wonder if they gave hime the Luuuuuuuke chant!

Reply #72440 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

How funny is that! That's quite ironic isn't it...

Reply #72454 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

7-footer Schenscher gets a quick baptism
Aussie plays 12 minutes in debut

By Marlen Garcia
Tribune staff reporter

March 5, 2006, 10:49 PM CST

CLEVELAND -- The Bulls finally added some size to their roster in 7-foot-1-inch Luke Schenscher, who had to learn quickly. He was signed to a 10-day contract Sunday out of the NBA Developmental League for his first NBA stint.

"Obviously, they don't have too many true centers, so I think I can slip in and do something," the 23-year-old Australian said.

Schenscher started the second quarter and ended up with three fouls in five minutes. He calmed down to score two baskets but unraveled when LeBron James went by him for an easy dunk in the fourth quarter. He played 12 minutes, a significant number for a newcomer.

Overall, coach Scott Skiles said Schenscher's defensive instincts were "as good as anybody else's," and liked his touch around the basket.

He averaged 8.2 points, 6.1 rebounds and 1.42 blocks for the Ft. Worth Flyers. He played four seasons at Georgia Tech before going undrafted last summer.

If newcomer Schenscher wants to fit in with the Bulls, he needs to consider a serious trim of his long, curly locks. "The curls get the girls," he cracked. "That's why I got them." ...

Reply #72582 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Wow, Longley, Anstey and now schenscher.

The bulls love 7 foot Aussies

Reply #72608 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Wow, Longley, Anstey and now schenscher.

The bulls love 7 foot Aussies

Reply #72609 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Damn everyone has beaten me to it, it is strange how another tall aussie called luke played for them.

I guess now his hair won't stand out that much when playing away games....

Reply #72918 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:18 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754