JT
Years ago

Phillips To Leave Lightning

Erin Phillips was seen having coffee with 2 interstate WNBL coaches looks like she will be on the move next year.

Topic #6466 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

What teh hell, i doubt it phillips has a good deal with the lightning i don't think she would leave

Reply #72598 | Report this post

Indiana  
Years ago

Adelaide would suffer greatly for the loss.
She is the premier pg in the country and in time will be compared with Maher, Timms , Smyth .

Reply #72605 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

That would bring Basketball in SA to its knees.

Seeing two of the most popular players in each team leave.

Hopefully your bulshitting or have been misimformed

Reply #72615 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

i would think canberra would have some dollars after sharp & jackson have both left.

Reply #72622 | Report this post

JT  
Years ago

No Bullsh*t i have a very reliable source who has also confirmed that she has not signed with the Lightning. This would be a huge loss. I am in shock myself.

Reply #72624 | Report this post

Indiana  
Years ago

We will only get one oppotunity at Erin and with our 30 april deadline fast approaching she might be part of a long list to move on.
We can only blame ourselves ...We should have demanded more from the admin at basa years ago.
Lets hope she puts her heart ahead of her head, she will earn plenty in the WNBA in the next 5 years... will she see it as repaying her state and those who supported her in SA?

Reply #72625 | Report this post

Indiana  
Years ago

JT
Tully and Erin in the same team. No way
I would say Sydney or Dandenong could use her best.

Reply #72626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ive hedr somewhere that she doesn't want to leave because of her family and the port adelaide football clubdont know how true this is but its what ive herd

Reply #72633 | Report this post

Indiana  
Years ago

Well she cant play wnba in adelade. so she will be gone anyway...they are all gypsies anyway

Reply #72639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

She would just love the attention of getting offers from other clubs.. She won't go anywhere and i'll put money on it. She's too weak when it comes to stuff like this.

Reply #72646 | Report this post

Indiana  
Years ago

Put money on it but not a name?

Reply #72647 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

erin come home early after a stint at the ais again due to home sickness. i don't think she'll move, being over in the states will make it hard for her in the first place yet alone not being able to see her family in her off season.

Reply #72649 | Report this post

JT  
Years ago

I think maybe you should get your fact right about why Erin left the AIS.

Reply #72688 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

several factors for erin

wnba commitments

opals

europe splashing money

home town loyalty

do not forget she was born in melbourne when dad playing for collingwood

finacial security and future beyond basketball

i do not blame her for exploring all avenues

we would love her here

if not - let's go about finding the next erin

she has and will do us proud overseas

never hold anyone back from there dreams or goals - if they discover it is not what they want - they can only blame themselves and if they succeed - good on them

lot of talk graf will follow jan as national coach - canberra will have a go for sure - graf has been in the big basketball world and is street wise about getting players

maybe it is just coffee and a chance for the coaches to find out about Thibaut? and connecticut - the wealthiest wnba team ?

Reply #72689 | Report this post

Indiana  
Years ago

Graf as national coach.
Lets hope Jan can keep winning for a long time.

Reply #72693 | Report this post

I have just logged onto my computer to read this and i am in shock. There is NO WAY that we can let Erin go. What is Chris Lucas doing, i hope that the whole Lightning Committee is doing their best to keep her here. She is abosolutly fantasic to watch and draws a big crowd to the games. She is the lauren jackson of the Lighning. SA basketball is going to miss out big time if they don't keep her here.

Reply #72739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cept she half her size

Reply #72790 | Report this post

I once saw Brett Maher have coffee with Andrew McLeod. Therefore, he must be a shoo-in to be drafted by the Crows next season.

Reply #72794 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

She won't go anywhere.. and if she does it'll be for the same amount of time as what she lastest at the AIS because she can't handle it.

Reply #72839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

She won't go anywhere.. and if she does it'll be for the same amount of time as what she lastest at the AIS because she can't handle it.

Reply #72841 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

she will stay, money shouldnt matter because she will be making plenty in the US.

Reply #72879 | Report this post

put up or shut up  
Years ago

Likes to be big fish small pond in stead of small fish big pond. Erin will not go.

Reply #73125 | Report this post

lisa  
Years ago

dont think you know erin at all. you are just a jealous little turd who wishes they could play ball the way she does. you make it sound like she is weak for leaving the AIS. Plus, look at where she is now for making that decision to leave in the first place... A gold medalist in the Commonwealth games and is now off to the WNBA. Sounds like Erin knows exactly what decisions to make, dont you?
Get a life mate and a fricken clue before you write crap like this. If you knew Erin or her family for that matter you would show a bit more respect when talking about her... Go back to your lawn bowls. Maybe you might know then what your talking about.

Reply #76186 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

well.... awesome to see Erin resign. Where are all the baggers who said she was going to put $$'s before her Love of the AQL??
Good on you girl.
Nicely said Lisa. Respect is very often lacking by anon "forum" arm chair critics.
This is a girl who puts her heart and soul into every single aspect of being one of the most professional athletes I have ever seen play or train. On top of that her basic demeanor, her availability for radio and Newspaper interviews-win or lose... and the way she goes out of her way to acknowledge children makes her a kid we should all be very proud of.
If Laura signs with a Euro club then good on her also... but she has agreed with Adelaide. Tels me these kids have their hearts in the right place no matter the critics that are so ill informed.

Reply #77747 | Report this post

MACCA  
Years ago

Reply #77748 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:25 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754