Trash
Years ago

Greatest Trash Of All Time?

Thought I'd put this one out there. Greatest trash line of all time? I love Bird telling the guy guarding him what move he'll do, then doing that exact move and scoring, classic.

Topic #6470 | Report this topic

Xavier McDaniel, that was.

I like Jordan's 'welcome to the NBA' eyed-closed-free throw to Dikembe. Or Dikembe's finger waggle. Whichever one

Reply #72684 | Report this post

Trash  
Years ago

Not quite NBA, but I remember playing social and I was guarding the ball handler. He looked me straight in the eyes, crossed over, between his legs, round his back and asked "Are you ready for me?". I didn't respond and he bounced it on his foot, it rolled to my feet, I picked it up, ran full court, scored easy layup, ran back to defense, turned around and said "I'm ready".

Reply #72691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My Fav is Larry Stenstock to Umpire (i'm sure someone on here would remember which one).

LS - Can i get a Tech for thinking something?

Umpire - No

LS - Good. I think you're a d!*khead.

Reply #72692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't Ron Nunelly also do the "tell-guard-what-move-then-do-it-anyway" trash?

Not really trash, but I love when Magic, Larry and Jordan having photo taken and Magic says "You can't get too close to Michael, it's a foul".

And other one, Magic said he and Larry never spoke in early days, Larry says, "I did, I said in your face".

Reply #72694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To female ref. - I'd like to do to you what you're doing to us!

Reply #72696 | Report this post

borat  
Years ago

Bird to other competitors in the 3 point contest in the 80's

"which one of you is coming second...?"

Reply #72705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"You just dropped the World Cup" - Steve Waugh vs South Africa

Reply #72709 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After his opponent in a state league game had travelled, Paris Mc Curdy the famous Sixers import said
"Do you want a suitcase to go with that"
The North Adelaide youngster quickly replied
"Na mate, you keep it. Your going to need it".

Does not ring any BELLS who said that.

Reply #72753 | Report this post

Trash  
Years ago

I like that one.

I remember Beamsmey making a great one to a player. He called a hand check foul on a guy and the player turned around and said "What you call that?", Beamsey just said "Shit defense". This was in U14's Div 1.

Reply #72763 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Know this coach that talked to a female ref at half time of a tight and physical game and asked......
Coach: Have you had the big "O" yet?
Ref:?????...Excuse me, please explain yourself.
Coach: Well you have screwed us all game, so i thought you would have orgasmed by now!!
He coped a "T" but the look on the ref's face was priceless!!!!!

Reply #72785 | Report this post

Johnny Comelately  
Years ago

Daryll Cullinan & Shane Warne: As Cullinan was on his way to the wicket, Warne told him he had been waiting 2 years for another chance to humiliate him. "Looks like you spent it eating," Cullinan retorted.

James Ormond had just come out to bat on an ashes tour and was greeted by Mark Waugh.......
MW : "F*ck me, look who it is. Mate, what are you doing out here, there's no way you're good enough to play for England"
JO : "Maybe not, but at least I'm the best player in my family"

And perhaps the greatest example of what not to say after a family member has been diagnosed with cancer...
McGrath to Ramnaresh Sarwan: GM:"So what does Brian Lara's dick taste like?"
Sarwan: "I don't know. Ask your wife."

Reply #72812 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

I've been the recipient of the "Can I get a tech foul for what I think?" many a times. I reply with giving them a tech. They invariably say "But you said I can't get a tech for what I think!"

My reply is "Yeah, but I never mentioned anything about what you SAY!"

Reply #72813 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

During an Under 20m1 game last yr, a Norwood player complained to the ref in TRAIL (Matt Ryan) about a foul he thought occurred near the baseline (which would have been best called by the LEAD ref).

Taking into the account that the ref couldn't see thru players, Matt responded with the following:

"Mate, I'm a referee...Not a magician. You must have me confused with "THE AMAZING MATTHEW"!"

Made the Norwood player crack up laughing for the next play!

Reply #72814 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

lol, some of those cricket ones are GOLD!

Reply #72883 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Merv Hughes was bowling to Hansie Cronje during a tour game in South Africa. It was an especially flat wicket and Cronje was hitting Hughes for fours and sixes all over the place.

After the umpteenth boundary, Hughes headed down the pitch, stood near Cronje, let out a fart and said: "Try hitting that for six." It was five minutes before the guffawing stopped and play could resume.

Ian Healy once told Ranatunga that he couldn't call for a runner just because he was a fat bastard.

Reply #72887 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

I think you will find that Healy's comments to Ranatunga were a little more colourful than "fat bastard" ;)

Reply #72908 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I remember hearing one about when Gaze played in the NBA. Not sure if it's true, but basically Gaze subs in and his opponent yells out "Hey guys, I got this short white guy guarding me, give me the God damn ball right now"

Reply #72911 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another classic cricket one, a rookie English bowler has just sent three balls straight past Viv Richards bat, he walks up the crease, holds the ball up to Viv and says "This is what it looks like, try hitting it". Next bowl, Viv sends it for 6, out of the stadium, to which Viv retorts to bowler "You know what it looks like man, you go find it"

Reply #72912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Warne bowling to Ranatunga, Healy says "Warnie try bowling a Mars Bar on a good length, that might get him out of his crease..."

Glen McGrath to Ed Obrandes:
"Why are you so fat ??"
Ed Obrandes:
"Everytime I F*ck your wife she gives me a cookie"

Reply #72959 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i was watching a social game the other week and a player shot a 3 pointer and missed by a mile. then the coach said "is your number 23, no well dont shoot 3's" i thought it was good

Reply #72994 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:03 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754