Isaac
Years ago

Funny Smyth and Daws statement on Dusty Rychart

Don't forget your Christmas Baking book!
Just kidding! That's my statement on Dusty Rychart.

Here's the real statement:
To all of our Pura Milk Adelaide 36ers supporters

On behalf of the 36ers, we would like to thank Dusty Rychart for his contribution to this club over the past four seasons.

Dusty has played some memorable basketball for the club during his time with us and will always be a crowd favourite when he returns to the Distinctive Homes Dome. It is unfortunate that we could not retain his services, but completely understand his reasons.

We could not comment about him leaving the club until Monday, due to NBL regulations covering the transfer of players where the NBL must sign off before the transfer becomes official.

We would like to wish him the best of luck in his basketball career and remind Dusty that he is always welcome here at the 36ers.

Phil Smyth, Head Coach and Mike Daws, CEO
+1 to everything - thanks for your time in Adelaide Dusty. Looking forward to the Adelaide-Brisbane match-ups.

Topic #6475 | Report this topic

Statman  
Years ago

Here here - and nice to see a combined statement from Phil & Mike showing more of a united front than we have had in the past.

Lets hope that there is a plan in place and we can rejig the team to more than cover the loss of Dusty

Reply #72772 | Report this post

bballer  
Years ago

I am still in shock about Dusty, he belongs in Adelaide..and under unfortunate circumstances will no longer be here...its hard to come to terms with really, we will be coming up against him instead of having him as an advantage on our team...It is obvious that Brisbane could offer him a lot more money and stability and Phil and Mike make it quite clear they would love to keep Dusty but he has become a too valuable player and we cannot afford him like other clubs may be able to. It is really disapointing and i would like to think he would come back to play in Adelaide one day, but truth is he prob wont be here ever again playing...So unfortuntely its time to come to terms with it..might be easy for some, but i know that its difficult for me..him being my favourite player and all, he just seems like he belongs in Adelaide. but its not too be this time.

Reply #73003 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm sure its probably been covered somewhere else, but how obvious is it that we should have swapped the contracts for our imports around?

Reply #73010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think there is more to the story that meets the eye... who is dusty's manager!!! maybe he should be held accountable...

let me tell you the move had nothing to do with money lets say adelaide told dusty's agent he can have two years and dusty's agent tells dusty he has been offered a one year contract....can you smell a rat here

Reply #73257 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Held accountable for what? His client getting a better deal? Don't be ridiculous.

Nothing to do with money? They offered him a fat pay cut on par with almost the average person's salary. Brisbane offered him 2+1 I assume, plus I would bet there are some BrisVegas style additions in there while Adelaide maybe offered him a quilt Farley-style?

Was he offered 2 years or 1+1 in Adelaide, truthfully?

Dusty's not an idiot and I'd be very careful with what you're implying about his agent there too.

Reply #73259 | Report this post

dustys agent  
Years ago

Anon 73257

Lets say your an idiot, and I tell you that you're an idiot, will you go away too?

Reply #73265 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Anon #73257, Dusty's agent is Paul Bell. The same Paul Bell that hosts the Talking Hoops program every Tuesday night between 6.30pm-8pm. The show takes calls from listeners. Why don't you give him a call and get your answer straight out of the horse's mouth. The phone number is 8371 1000.

Reply #73334 | Report this post

Stephon  
Years ago

Its pretty obvious that Rychart did not feature in the 36ers coaches' plans for next season by the reaction to his signing with Brisbane by The Advertiser.

Last year (when Rychart was actually re-signed) I recall during the renegotiation period an article from Nagy bagging the hell out of the 36ers for the alleged 'disgraceful' offer put to Rychart and how Rychart felt insulted.

This year, absolutely nothing apart from, 'we thank Dusty for his time but we are confident we will be much improved next year'.

Interesting how there was no pro-Dusty propaganda this year.

Also nothing being reported re our failure once again to sign the best player at the AIS who happens to be South Australian in Ingles.

Dare I say, a united front between coach, management and media. I'm not suggesting this is bad, as positive reporting is a good thing. Just an interesting observation.

Reply #73376 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Stephon - I had heard that of Dusty, Jacob and Oscar, Dusty was the priority signing, but I suspect it just wasn't at a price that was going to be competitive with the Bullets. The Ingles info is curiously missing though, I will give you that.

Reply #73433 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:35 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754